Donations

PostPost by: joc » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:22 am

I was surprised to read that the lotuselan.net site is running at a loss and in response I have made a modest and
long overdue donation. I have enjoyed reading this site as an "observer" for a number of years and quite apart
from the pleasure it has given me I have learnt a great deal from it. I see that there are 4029 members.
I own a Westfield (competition,not road usable unfortunately) and the Westfield WSCC site is available to a limited extent to all but requires a small annual membership subscription for full access. This puts a structure on support from the members.
Would a similar arrangement be a suitable way forward for lotuselan.net?
I feel beholden to Jeff Cocking for all he does to make this wonderful site available to us.

John
joc
New-tral

PostPost by: RichardHawkins » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:59 pm

Jon,

I had no idea that we are running at a loss, and would willingly make an annual subscription. Your suggestion seems an excellent idea. What does Jeff and other users think.

Richard Hawkins
RichardHawkins
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elans4dhc » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:24 pm

I'd be more than happy to pay an annual subscription. No way should Jeff be out of pocket on our behalf.
Andrew
elans4dhc
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Maulden7 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:34 am

I have & will continue to do so, but some form of annual reminder is needed + a suggested amount (as happens on other music sites that I use regularly)
Maulden7
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:37 pm

The above 4 posters are members who I have not had the pleasure to converse with before, but all have been members long before I joined.

This proves what has been often mentioned that the silent majority watches whilst the vocal minority posts.

Are you guys happy to pay to read the drivel we have been posting lately? The topic regarding commercial posting of a certain supplier by the name of Sue Miller is what I am referring to.

I have donated approximately $50 myself over the last 12 months as I don't want to see this site go under, but the constant carping on and uncertainty as well as mixed messages regarding the future of the site leaves me feeling uncertain as to where it's going.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Quart Meg Miles » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:41 pm

I haven't felt mixed messages from Jeff; he may be trying to align the site with what most people want, as in the Commercial postings lately, but I'm happy with where it is going.

For those who missed all the posts on support just click on the Donate button below. A donation of $20 makes you a contributor and eliminates the advertisement above the postings and other privileges may follow when the Wiki appears. But any amount helps, according to your resources. And you'll feel great!
Meg

26/4088 1965 S1½ Old and scruffy but in perfect working order; the car too.
________________Put your money where your mouse is, click on "Support LotusElan.net" below.
Quart Meg Miles
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RichardHawkins » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:12 pm

Meg,

Thanks for the advice.

Donation made.

Richard Hawkins
RichardHawkins
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: