Monte Carlo historic Rally 2014

PostPost by: Pistacchio sprint 72 » Fri May 24, 2013 2:22 pm

Hello guys,

Decision has been taken to register in September to participate to the Monte Carlo Historic rallye in January 2014.

The Monte Carlo Automobile club confirmed me only 2 Elan ever participated in the rally in 1965 and 1967. For the Monte Carlo Historic rally revival may be 5 elan max in total checked in during the last 16 editions. I should be the only LOTUS in this international event and the car should draw a lot of attention among the 300 competitors and boring 911 Porsche !

I am currently preparing the car and will test it thoroughly this summer. I will participate in September to the Jean Behra Classic on the south French riviera Mountains to test the car in rally conditions to sort out any possible technical problems.

The budget to register in this event is cheaper than the tour auto but still represents quite a serious amount of money. the Rally itself is a great adventure and requires endurance from the pilots as well as from the car.

I will keep you updated in my preparation progress.
1st step : I am preparing the FIVA passport for the car. This document is required in the application file.
Cooled down by CliveyBoy!
Pistacchio sprint 72
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Richard hall » Sun May 26, 2013 4:36 pm

that is of interest to me as i am building an s3 for historic rallying in Ireland,a few questions that i would like to no

is a adjustable pedal box allowed ?

a 4 speed bog box ?

front brakes ?

any information on suspension for bumpy tarmac/forest settings, and weak areas on body
Richard hall
New-tral

PostPost by: Pistacchio sprint 72 » Mon May 27, 2013 1:09 pm

They ask for a FIVA passport.

FIVA is not FIA though.

I filled the form and I reported some modifications done to my car. I have not applied yet cause I need to provide picture of my elan the way they want it.

Once I have my passport I will register in september to Monte Carlo. You can have a look at the rules here:
http://www.acm.mc/page-document-rally.p ... ousmenu=28

scroll down and download "Reglement" it is in French then translated into english don't worry.

I don' think your mods are a problem for this ralye in particular.
Cooled down by CliveyBoy!
Pistacchio sprint 72
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Etienne 7 » Tue May 28, 2013 11:17 am

Fantastic Cedric! Good luck with the preparation and keep posting!

Cheers,

Etienne
Etienne 7
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Etienne 7 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:04 am

Bonjour C?dric,

Meilleurs Voeux pour 2014.

Are you still preparing for the Monte Carlo Rally then? If so, all the best!

Etienne
Etienne 7
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: