What do you think - Video Tutorials?

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Wed May 22, 2013 2:39 pm

jcocking wrote:To wet you appetite for the wiki, here is the link to the wiki. I am still working on a few areas, so you will occasionally see errors. You will be able to see the major areas planned and my initial outlines to start creating content.

We have integrated the forums login system into the wiki. This will require you to only know one username and password. If you login, you should see a message that indicates you need additional posts to edit the wiki. This is what users below 1st gear will see. This will go away for our members who are 1st gear or higher when we go live.

jeff

Jeff,
first of all thought that you hadn't included the link, but it's there as an abbreviated "wiki " is this a recent change to display characteristics? I find it odd if so.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jcocking » Wed May 22, 2013 2:48 pm

Spyder fan wrote:
jcocking wrote:To wet you appetite for the wiki, here is the link to the wiki. I am still working on a few areas, so you will occasionally see errors. You will be able to see the major areas planned and my initial outlines to start creating content.

We have integrated the forums login system into the wiki. This will require you to only know one username and password. If you login, you should see a message that indicates you need additional posts to edit the wiki. This is what users below 1st gear will see. This will go away for our members who are 1st gear or higher when we go live.

jeff

Jeff,
first of all thought that you hadn't included the link, but it's there as an abbreviated "wiki " is this a recent change to display characteristics? I find it odd if so.

I just used an embedded link. It is a feature that has always been there, but is not used very often.

The members on this thread seam to be very interested in the Wiki and wanted to provide ya'll an early glimpse.

jeff
Jeff Cocking
LotusElan.net
jcocking
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Wed May 22, 2013 2:59 pm

The members on this thread seam to be very interested in the Wiki and wanted to provide ya'll an early glimpse.

:lol: Some more Texasisms herehttp://petermlopez.hubpages.com/hub/Texasisms-A-Glossary-of-Texas-Speak

I particularly like the following:
Rules to Remember.

Should you ever find yourself in Texas without an English-Texan dictionary or this handy guide, here are five simple rules to remember, and possibly save your hide.

1. Shed Syllables. In almost any three syllable word, you can contract out any vowel from the middle syllable to make a two-syllable word and sound more Texan.
?Examples: Italy = It'ly, Florida = Flor'da, Johnathan = John'than, Melody = Mel'dy.

2. Forget the G's. Never, ever pronounce the "g" in words endin' in "ing". This is a dead giveaway that you are a Yankee cruisin' for a bruisin'.
?Examples: Fishin', Cookin', Readin' and Writin'.

3. "L's" Are Optional. Ignore "L's" following vowels in the middle of words or simply replace them with "W's".
?Examples: Light Bub (Bulb), Code (Cold) Outside, and Caw (Call).

4. Wing It (If You Dare). Let the metaphors fly. Texan is nuttin' if not colorful, so go to town, make stuff up, invent words if you must. Alliterate, elaborate, and incorporate.
?Examples: "Heck, it's hotter'n a hog on a hot plate." Why not? Sounds Texan to me. You can also compare anything to a 3$ bill (weirder'n a $3 bill), add "fire" to any exclamation ("Crap fire boy, what's the matter with you?"), or make up inoffensive curse words (dad gum it, gosh darn it, dag nab it, dad blazes, etc.).
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jcocking » Wed May 22, 2013 4:20 pm

For the members sending me messages telling me that pics and data is incorrect on the wiki on the model pages.

Yes, I am aware. These are place holders that were copied and pasted. We are not in production mode and this was a sneak peak.

If you want to be part of the beta testers send me a pm.
Jeff Cocking
LotusElan.net
jcocking
Third Gear
Third Gear

Previous

Total Online: