LotusElan.net: What's New

PostPost by: jcocking » Fri May 10, 2013 8:59 pm

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to give everyone a quick update. We have been in a "iceberg" time of the website. There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes, with an occasional glimpse of ice. (grumpydodger....no titanic references, please)

A quick summary of various activities.

1. Site Optimization: We have worked on making the website run faster. There have been a few hiccups, but it appears we have been able to resolve all outstanding issues. If you see anything that does not seem right, please use the "Contact Us" link to let me know about the issue.
  2. Help Desk Ticketing Software: One of my challenges, is I receive requests for assistance from a variety of sources. PMs, Multiple Email Accounts, etc. Due to the volume of messages, I some times file a request and forget to go back and take care of it. I am now using a help desk system for all requests sent to me using the "Contact Us" link below. The system will keep track of the request and nag me when I do not respond within a timely basis. We transitioned to the tool this morning.
  3. Wiki: The wiki is coming along. We are about 90% code complete on the system. We have begun the transfer process of the old LotusElan.net website content to test the system out. Based on the current timeframe, we should ask for a few beta testers in the first half of June. We will be looking for people who want to write content for the Wiki.

From a membership perspective, we have many new members and the number of topics and posts continue to increase. We all know someone who used to be a regular, but has taken a hiatus. Reach out to them and invite them back.

On the financial front, I have to say a big thank you to our contributing membership. We have had 66 contributing members donate to website since the first of the year. This is 3X the number of contributors we have had over the last three years. Your support is enabling the site optimization system to speed up the website.

I am sure I am missing something. I have been very busy and focused on the Wiki and other improvements.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

jeff
Jeff Cocking
LotusElan.net
jcocking
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Fri May 10, 2013 11:42 pm

On the financial front, I have to say a big thank you to our contributing membership. We have had 66 contributing members donate to website since the first of the year. This is 3X the number of contributors we have had over the last three years. Your support is enabling the site optimization system to speed up the website.

We told you you only had to make us aware that we were not contributing enough cash.

:)
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Bill » Sat May 11, 2013 5:52 pm

Jeff

The small contribution to the cost of the site mprovements are so well worth it. I would encourage others to toss in a few sheckles, particularly if they feel that the value (it is enormous) of the info they receive assists the solving of their particular unique Elan problems.

Bill
Bill Rathlef
Vancouver Island, Canada
"Keep your stick on the ice, boys."
Bill
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: MickG » Sat May 11, 2013 9:59 pm

Hi Jeff

66 contrbutors out of almost 4000 members; although welcome still leaves room for improvement :(

Regards Mick G
MickG
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Sat May 11, 2013 10:02 pm

Possibly not worth counting the null-posters in that 4000 members in this context.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: