Club Lotus Show April 2013 -Anyone going

PostPost by: nico506 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:59 pm

Hi All,
Just a quick one - anyone going along to the show this year for a catch up and perhaps park cars in one collective outside ?

I live in Leicestershire so if anyone wants a hitch up to Donnington - pm me.

Cheers
nico506
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: adigra » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:17 pm

I'll be going, but coming from the north. Hopefully this spring will start by then!

Adi
1967 Elan S3 S/E FHC
adigra
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:26 pm

I'll be there (hopefully) but as for parking together I think it may be a tad busy...

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: AlanM » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:26 am

We can always reserve a parking area for Elans but it helps a great deal if you can assemble before you leave the motorway and arrive together - this is what the M100 guys do as I remember. It's important we keep traffic moving and get everyone parked asap so stopping by the entrance is best avoided if at all possible.

If you'd like me to reserve an area just let me know. Probably best to email me direct at [email protected] the week before the show so we now how many to expect and I'll arrange it.

By the way I've arranged a ?5 discount off BTCC tickets if anyone's interested in popping down there after they've been round the show. There will also be a free shuttle bus between the exhibition centre and the paddock entrance. There's also 50% discount off admission to the fantastic Wheatcroft Collection which is just a 5 minute walk from the show. In both cases all you need to do is show your Club Lotus Show entrance ticket and/or membership card.

Our live technical sessions during the show will feature Brian Buckland and Brian Angus amongst others and both will be around all day to answer any questions 1-2-1..

See you there!

Cheers,

Alan
AlanM
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:34 pm

Yes I'm there 12 noon onwards on the Saturday and up until 12 noon on the Sunday.

Alan,
Logistically for Elan owners meeting up en route and arriving en masse is a bit like trying to herd cats, the M100 guys must be the most enthusiastic or perhaps most easily led members of Club Lotus :lol:

I thought hard about having my S4 "SuperSprint" special available for display or perhaps as part of Spyders stand, but the fact that it needs to be there all weekend and I couldn't move it back and forwards to my hotel etc made it a non starter. Could you look at perhaps having a rolling display area for noteworthy cars with a time slot for display in future?
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:58 pm

Alan
Suggestion...Maybe you could utilise both doors,one for people wishing to purchase tickets,the other for pre-paid tickets,it was a bit of a squeeze last year and some in the queue didn't like people "queue jumping"..
Thanks
John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: AHM » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:29 pm

Alan,
I agree with John - Clearly marked advanced tickets queue - saves agro for everyone
AHM
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: AlanM » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:20 pm

Good idea about a separate advance ticket queue and I'll organise that.

Alan - if you wanted to display on Spyders stand it's no problem for you to take your S4 "SuperSprint" out of the hall on Saturday evening and then bring it back first thing Sunday morning. Equally it's not a problem if you can only make one day.

All we have to ensure is that there are no vehicle movements when the show is open and visitors are in the hall. Effectively this means from around 15 minutes after closing time and by 09.30 in the mornings. This unfortunately makes a rolling display area with time slots for display a non-starter.
AlanM
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:25 am

As per Alan Morgans reply above, I have arranged to have my S4 on Spyders stand for the Saturday. Therefore I will be around for most of Saturday providing Mrs T doesn't get too bored and decides we should watch the touring cars; I have attached the race timetable. Admission to the circuit on saturday is ?10.50 if you order from the website http://www.donington-park.co.uk/events/2013/04/20/british-touring-car-championship/ scroll down the web page for the link for the pre-booked tickets and note that the ?10 & ?25 prices shown don't include postage and other sneaky hidden charges.

The email from Club Lotus earlier this week stated that you get ?5 off entrance to the circuit at the gate if you show your ticket to the show, but it's unclear what the gate price will be and if they will in fact give ?5 off on the Saturday, I have emailed Annemarie and asked her to clarify as I think it's more likely they will give ?5 off on Sunday when the advance ticket is ?26.25 and the gate price higher again.

2013_btcc_timetable_v2.pdf
(37.53 KiB) Downloaded 492 times
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:48 am

Update from Alan Morgan ref tickets

Dear Alan,

The discount applies to both days.

However, you can only buy BTCC tickets on the day as to receive your
discount you must present your valid Club Lotus Show ticket at the BTCC
cash desk. There is no facility for advance booking. The same arrangement
applies for discounted entry to the Donington Grand Prix and Wheatcroft
Collections..

Regards,

Alan

I believe that Alan means that you "can't pre-book tickets with the Club Lotus discount" rather than you can't pre-book tickets.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: AHM » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:24 am

Has anyone else tried booking tickets on the Club Lotus site?

?4.50 postage! Are you sure Alan?

A stamp, envelope, complements slip, and an envelope licker come to about ?1 by my reckoning.
AHM
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:37 am

Keep going on the order form, you do not get charged the postage. It is only because it is the shop site and I guess has software that needs to be 'logical'.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: AHM » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:46 am

It wouldn't let me proceed unless I accepted ?4.50 postage... Which I don't!
AHM
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jas » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:34 pm

Hi

I will be going both days.
Do we have a stand or a meeting point?
Jannik
1969 S4-SE DHC
Eat one live toad the first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jas
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:25 am

Jas,
My car will be on Spyders stand on the Saturday and people will be dropping by all day. There is a small group of us meeting up at 3.30pm in the restaurant, I have PM'd my mobile number to you.

If anyone else wants my number please PM me. or drop by Spyders stand on Saturday, and Andy or Sean will point you in the right direction.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Next

Total Online: