DVLA History Records

PostPost by: DaveAlmey » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:32 am

Hi,

I give up, I have searched this forum and DVLA's web site for data on applying to DVLC for held history on a vehicle.

Can any kind soul give me a dirct link to the required form or the DVLA form number

Thanks
Regards

Dave

Yes I know I cant spell, but can weld, spray paint, lay grp and rebuild engines.

69 S4SE DHC
DaveAlmey
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Jason1 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:49 am

Form V888

You have to download it and post with a ?5 cheque.

https://www.dvla.gov.uk/dvla/data/relin ... quest.aspx
50/0951 1968 Wedgewood blue +2, 1990 Mini Cooper RSP
Jason1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: UAB807F » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:34 am

That's what I used as well. I just said I'd owned the car for years, it was in the historic class and wanted to learn a bit about the history which seemed to do the trick.

It wasn't a quick process by any means and I'd almost given up when a thick envelope arrived with lots of photocopied documents from which I could plot it's life around the midlands area. The bumph also included documents for someone else's car as well, so check carefully !

Brian
UAB807F
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Orsom Weels » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:01 pm

I tried this too but got very little info back, just a few photocopied V5's, half of which are unreadable & nothing from before July 75 (car is 1972), in fact, I didn't get anything I didn't already know. It just depends on what the DVLA still have on your car, unfortunately, in my case not very much & not really worth the fiver. You'll need a valid reason for the enquiry, & like Brian I used the "trying to compile a history file on my car that I've owned for years" as well. I was at first told that it wasn't a good enough reason but then they changed their minds & said OK ???? It's also been suggested to me that a second enquiry might throw up more info but not sure how that could be unless some DVLA staff look harder than others ?
Regards, Tim
Orsom Weels
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Jason1 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:49 pm

I have done it twice for my +2.

I didn't get the original V5 in either enquiry but did get different info in both enquiries. The first gave me a document relating to the import of an Audi. The second did get me a form used to book an identity inspection which confirmed the original Lotus chassis number.
50/0951 1968 Wedgewood blue +2, 1990 Mini Cooper RSP
Jason1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Chancer » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:35 pm

I did mine over a decade ago, I think it was called information from records.

I got photocopies of all the V5's that were issued for it including my own application for a V5 plus a photocopy of the original logbook showing the names and addresses of all the owners prior to when it was submitted to the DVLA in 1977 and the first V5 issued.

One of the owners showed her title as "Lady" :D
Chancer
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mikec2126 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:59 pm

DaveAlmey wrote:Hi,

I give up, I have searched this forum and DVLA's web site for data on applying to DVLC for held history on a vehicle.

Can any kind soul give me a dirct link to the required form or the DVLA form number

Thanks

Hi Dave

Not sure if this is what you require - but will evaluate current status

https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPo ... ution=e1s1

Mike
mikec2126
New-tral

Total Online: