Anyone going to Limerock Historics Labor Day weekend?

PostPost by: pharriso » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:21 pm

I'll be there driving/supporting a couple of Alfas, but would love to meet up with fellow LotusElan.net'ers...

Event info at http://www.limerock.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=66&Itemid=60
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: CBUEB1771 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:15 pm

I am planning to be there on Saturday. My friend who races a Mark IX always tells me to get there early if I want to see him running (before someone takes him out or the engine breaks).
Russ Newton
Elan +2S (1971)
Elite S2 (1962)
CBUEB1771
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:31 pm

CBUEB1771 wrote:I am planning to be there on Saturday. My friend who races a Mark IX always tells me to get there early if I want to see him running (before someone takes him out or the engine breaks).

Is that the polished aluminium car with lots of Patina? I have always admired it...
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: CBUEB1771 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:58 pm

pharriso wrote:Is that the polished aluminium car with lots of Patina? I have always admired it...

Yes indeed, Dave Belden's Mark IX! The paddock photo is from the VSCCA/Jaguar club event in 2011 and in the lefthander is the Vintage Festival, also 2011.
Attachments
DSC_0005.jpg and
DSC_0046.jpg and
Russ Newton
Elan +2S (1971)
Elite S2 (1962)
CBUEB1771
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: dpchamp87 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:19 pm

I will be there racing my Lotus 69 (paddocked just past the concession stand as you enter the main paddock). I hope to drive the Elan to the track on the Friday.

Should be a great event as always and the legend himself Stirling Moss will be in attendance.

David
dpchamp87
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:58 pm

I will be there. Last week I bought another Lotus (No, not an Elan, an Eclat. Yes I know I could be banned from this forum for that admission) which is in New Hampshire. So, I am flying in to Manchester on Friday and beginning the drive back to Colorado, a distance of about 2,200 miles based on my route through Minneapolis to see my dad.

I will look for all of you and if I didn't find you look for me at the pit space for the Vinagaroon Special Genie Can Am car of Tom Stephani who is a good friend of mine and with whom I will be staying. Also look for the bright red Eclat...I'm fairly certain it will be the only one in attendance :lol:
Ross Robbins
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:50 pm

Ross Robbins wrote:I will be there. Last week I bought another Lotus (No, not an Elan, an Eclat. Yes I know I could be banned from this forum for that admission) which is in New Hampshire. So, I am flying in to Manchester on Friday and beginning the drive back to Colorado, a distance of about 2,200 miles based on my route through Minneapolis to see my dad.

I will look for all of you and if I didn't find you look for me at the pit space for the Vinagaroon Special Genie Can Am car of Tom Stephani who is a good friend of mine and with whom I will be staying. Also look for the bright red Eclat...I'm fairly certain it will be the only one in attendance :lol:

This one?

1976 Lotus Elite 504 $3,895
Blue / Brown 79,471 Miles / VIN:761030458B

http://eurocargarage.v12soft.com/inventory/view/5436675

I am thinking about going on Friday, I am still not sure but it is more likely than last year.

Gary
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:10 pm

Gary,

An ECLAT not an ELITE :oops: ...so no not that one. This one...
Attachments
40600410.JPG and
Ross Robbins
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:27 pm

Ross Robbins wrote:Gary,

I am not so good with the words, never did get the hang of the reading thing. Spelling and comprehension has never been high on my list of accomplishments either. Not to sure how I managed to get out of high school with a "diploma", maybe they didn't really want me hanging around.

Gary
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: stugilmour » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:40 am

Ross Robbins wrote:Gary,

Cool car Ross. 8) Now that looks like a Gulf Coast LOG ride. :) Should be able to keep up to a Plus 2. :)

Got my paper work in the mail last week & still a go for LOG. A few items to sort out on the car still, but hopefully nothing terminal. I should be happy I found out about the rear bearings now...

PS Post pics of Lime Rock. Looks like a terrific event.
Stu
1969 Plus 2 Federal LHD
stugilmour
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: memini55 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:11 pm

Ross,

Best of luck with the new purchase. I not sure about you driving an unknown car that distance? You know it is a Lotus and even worst one built in the questionable years.

I did a similar purchase of an Elite from Mass back a number of years but I was really dumb and did the trip in the late November time frame. Made it home to Iowa but not with out trouble and repairs.

I hope you have safe and trouble free travels and if you get near stop and have time stop by. Do you have a travel date yet so I can see if I am around. You will be fairly close dependent on your route.

Looks to be a well care for car by the way, just hate the electrics in those years!

Mark
memini55
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:09 pm

Gary,
No worries Mate! I may be able to read but I can't do a tenth of what you do mechanically and your Elan wisdom dwarfs most of us on this forum. It's like the Eagle said to the Duck, "yeah, you do swim better than me...but watch this!" You're our Eagle.

Stu,
No Eclat to Orlando for me even though it would be able to keep up with you better. I will just have to pedal faster in the Elan. It just wouldn't do to take an Eagle to a Duck meet even if they are both birds. I want the Elan at the 50th celebration so bring a tow rope just in case.

Mark,
How could I not do this after encouraging the guy in France to go get the Elan in Sweden? What a hypocrite I'd be. Besides this is a luxury barge compared to the trips I've done in the Seven, or even the Elan. I even have A/C and a CD player :P :P
I am going up to Minneapolis to help my 97 year old dad with some real estate stuff and plan to drive straight down I35 to Des Moines and take a right on I 80 on Saturday September 8th. PM me if you will be around Ames or something like that and we can grab a coffee.I expect to leave Mpls about 8 AM so maybe around 11:00? I'll call from the road if you're interested.
Ross Robbins
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: memini55 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:59 pm

Ross,

I will be in Des Moines on the 8th with my latest project at a very nice show, Salisbury Conour's.
The show is actually on Sunday but we will be staying on Friday thru Sunday. If you have interest on Saturday
at about the time you are coming thru Ames we will be on a driving tour at cool restoration shop, Skunk River Restorations
taking a look see. Might be a good rest stop for you? I'll send you a PM since we have kind of high jacked the thread.

Mark
memini55
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: elanner » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:37 pm

Almost certain that I'll be there on Saturday. I have to go to western Mass tomorrow so may as well find a motel for the night and drop down into Connecticut the following morning.

Sadly, I won't have my Elan, I have too much long distance running around to do and it's going to be in the mid 90s tomorrow.

Having Stirling Moss there is pretty impressive. He's 82. I was at Goodwood the day he had his big accident. I was just a kid and didn't grasp the enormity of what had happened. It was my first motor race. But I do remember that we had a very quiet drive home.

I'll be the one in a yellow Lotus T shirt, looking lost.

Nick
elanner
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:44 pm

Nick (&anybody else): please stop by and say hi
I'll be with the red #79 Alfa GTV & blue #93 Alfa Berlina
Phil

P.s. note the "with" as opposed to under!
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Next

Total Online: