NYC to Pebble Beach/Laguna Seca via Rte 66 and back to NYC

PostPost by: casalunge » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi

I will depart New York City on the 29th July for Chicago then take in the Rte 66 all the way to LA then up to Pebble Beach for the Retroautojumble then a weekends Historic Racing at Laguna Seca then SF (a spin in a friends Tesla) then Yosemite,Death Valley,Vegas, Tucson, El Paso,Houston,New Orleans,Tuscaloosa,Knoxville(TN),Charleston (WV), Harrisburg (PA) and NY - 6 weeks in a Mustang (The Elans and Sevens remain in the UK)

Are there any Lotus meets or events during that period en route?

Regards

Colin
1960 Lotus 18 FJ
1962 Lotus 22 FJ
casalunge
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:16 pm

Colin,
Check out the local chapters of Lotus Ltd http://www.lotuscarclub.org/ for any announcements of events during you travels. If you were to take the northern route through Colorado, I could guarantee you a Lotus outing in the mountains and some needed rest in our spare room. By the way, Route 66 doesn't really exist any more except in small segments here and there. It has been replaced by Interstate 44 and isn't all that interesting anymore.

Also, If you get anywhere near Birmingham, AL check out the Barber museum http://www.barbermuseum.org/ and racetrack where Alain DeCadenet filmed the Lotus segment of Victory by Design.

Have a ball. It sounds like a great trip. :D :D
Ross Robbins
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: collins_dan » Tue May 01, 2012 2:29 pm

Attached is a car event schedule that I got from a local firm. Depending on when you are getting to Harrisburg, there may be a couple things on this list that are relevant. Dan
Attachments
2012 car show schedule.pdf
(64.59 KiB) Downloaded 462 times
collins_dan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: casalunge » Tue May 01, 2012 3:19 pm

Ross

Many thanks for your kind offer.Alas we head South from the Bay Area however we have factored in the Barber Museum and are now staying 15 miles away.

Colin

Ross Robbins wrote:Colin,
Check out the local chapters of Lotus Ltd http://www.lotuscarclub.org/ for any announcements of events during you travels. If you were to take the northern route through Colorado, I could guarantee you a Lotus outing in the mountains and some needed rest in our spare room. By the way, Route 66 doesn't really exist any more except in small segments here and there. It has been replaced by Interstate 44 and isn't all that interesting anymore.

Also, If you get anywhere near Birmingham, AL check out the Barber museum http://www.barbermuseum.org/ and racetrack where Alain DeCadenet filmed the Lotus segment of Victory by Design.

Have a ball. It sounds like a great trip. :D :D
1960 Lotus 18 FJ
1962 Lotus 22 FJ
casalunge
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: casalunge » Wed May 02, 2012 8:46 am

Thanks Dan

The historic racing in Sept at Watkins Glen is good for us.

Colin

collins_dan wrote:Attached is a car event schedule that I got from a local firm. Depending on when you are getting to Harrisburg, there may be a couple things on this list that are relevant. Dan
1960 Lotus 18 FJ
1962 Lotus 22 FJ
casalunge
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: mac5777 » Wed May 02, 2012 3:55 pm

Hello Colin, Let me know when you might be in the San Francisco area, we can meet up. There are many Lotus events and drives both South and North (wine country) of the Golden Gate Bridge. In LA. you might want to visit Jay Leno's Big Dog Garage in Burbank CA.
It sounds like a great fun trip.

Sarto
lotus elan 1966 S3 FHC
36/5785
LHD
mac5777
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elanern » Wed May 02, 2012 11:18 pm

Colin, no Lotus events that I know of in the St. Louis, MO metropolitan area, although there are always plenty of car (mainly hot-rod) cruise nights on both sides of the Mississippi (I am in Edwardsville, IL, about 25 miles NW of the St. Louis Arch).

That said, let me know when/if you will be in the St. Louis area, would love to meet and chat and have dinner.

Ernie
Ernie
Florida, USA
elanern
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: casalunge » Fri May 04, 2012 3:33 pm

Hi Sarto

Will you be at Laguna Seca for the race weekend?

If not we will be in SF for 3 days from the 20th Aug

Regards

Colin

uote="mac5777"]Hello Colin, Let me know when you might be in the San Francisco area, we can meet up. There are many Lotus events and drives both South and North (wine country) of the Golden Gate Bridge. In LA. you might want to visit Jay Leno's Big Dog Garage in Burbank CA.
It sounds like a great fun trip.

Sarto[/quote]
1960 Lotus 18 FJ
1962 Lotus 22 FJ
casalunge
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: StressCraxx » Sat May 05, 2012 3:07 am

Hello Colin,

Many of us will go to the Historics for Saturday at least. We will have a Lotus Corral, you can even purchase a corral pass and tickets online.

http://www.gglotus.org/

We would love to have you enjoy the races and car shows with us.

Enjoy your tour, I plan take similar trip in my Elan someday.

Regards,
Dan Wise
There is no cure for Lotus, only treatment.
StressCraxx
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: casalunge » Sat May 05, 2012 9:04 am

Hi Ernie

We will be in St Louis for 2 nights, 1st and 2nd August [email protected]

elanern wrote:Colin, no Lotus events that I know of in the St. Louis, MO metropolitan area, although there are always plenty of car (mainly hot-rod) cruise nights on both sides of the Mississippi (I am in Edwardsville, IL, about 25 miles NW of the St. Louis Arch).

That said, let me know when/if you will be in the St. Louis area, would love to meet and chat and have dinner.

Ernie
1960 Lotus 18 FJ
1962 Lotus 22 FJ
casalunge
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: casalunge » Sat May 05, 2012 9:04 am

Hi Ernie

We will be in St Louis for 2 nights, 1st and 2nd August [email protected]

elanern wrote:Colin, no Lotus events that I know of in the St. Louis, MO metropolitan area, although there are always plenty of car (mainly hot-rod) cruise nights on both sides of the Mississippi (I am in Edwardsville, IL, about 25 miles NW of the St. Louis Arch).

Ernie
1960 Lotus 18 FJ
1962 Lotus 22 FJ
casalunge
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: casalunge » Sat May 05, 2012 9:06 am

Hi Dan

We have already purchased event tickets but will definitely seek out the Lotus Corral.

Regards

Colin

StressCraxx wrote:Hello Colin,

Many of us will go to the Historics for Saturday at least. We will have a Lotus Corral, you can even purchase a corral pass and tickets online.

http://www.gglotus.org/

We would love to have you enjoy the races and car shows with us.

Enjoy your tour, I plan take similar trip in my Elan someday.

Regards,
Dan Wise
1960 Lotus 18 FJ
1962 Lotus 22 FJ
casalunge
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Steve G » Sat May 05, 2012 4:43 pm

I drove from San Francisco to Phoenix in a Mustang for my honeymoon. We took in Yosemite, Death Valley, Las Vegas, then stayed in Flagstaff as our base for exploring the Grand Canyon and dropped the car off at Phoenix airport to fly back. 2,000 miles in 10 days (not including 150 miles of walking!). It was incredible, drove a few sections of the old Route 66, it was good fun, and completely deserted. Yosemite was the best, so beautiful it hurts.

Sounds like an incredible trip you have planned, have fun.
Steve G
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: