Simply Classics ? Sunday 26th August 2012 - 50 Years

PostPost by: Beaulieu » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:14 pm

At this cold time of the year the dreaded salt prevents many of us from heading out on to the roads in our pride joy for a quick blast, so thoughts turn to the summer and up and coming events. Therefore it is with great pride that I would like to announce the return due to popular demand of ?Simply Classics? at Beaulieu.

This year is of particular importance for 50 years ago in 1962 the first Elan rolled of the production line. Ever since then from the Type 26 to the M100 it has become possibly the most iconic sports car ever produced and can be credited as the inspiration for all previous sports cars including the very popular MX5 (although I know which car I would prefer! The Type 26). As a result of this momentous occasion and birthday, we at Beaulieu would like to celebrate with you. Please contact me on the details below to arrange your special day here at the National Motor Museum.

?Simply Classics? will run at the National Motor Museum, Beaulieu on Sunday 26th August, from 9.00am. The event will assemble the widest range of Classic and Vintage cars possible. Any vehicle is welcome to attend as long as it was produced in 1986 or earlier.

We will be running a ?Best in Show? competition with a prize trophy to the vehicle deemed to stand out from the crowd. New this year shall be a Concours trophy awarded to the most pristine vehicle. Entrance to the Concours is via an application on our website.

The price of entry is ?10 per adult and ?5 per child (when arriving in a classic car) ? half the normal admission price. The event includes entry into the National Motor Museum, Palace House, Beaulieu Abbey, World of Top Gear and the acclaimed new Bond In Motion exhibit. There shall also be live 1920?s and 30?s music, trade stands and other entertainments, not to mention a few surprises! (picnics are most welcome).

This year we shall also have the added drama of some very imposing aero-engined specials, being demonstrated about the museum complex.

After the great success and atmosphere of last year?s event we would love as many clubs to attend the event as possible, as well as individual owners. If you or your members require any further information then please contact me on the number below or visit www.beaulieuevents.co.uk.

Tickets are available on 01590 612888 or online at www.beaulieushop.co.uk.
Beaulieu
New-tral

Total Online: