4 post lift at the NEC

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:58 pm

Dear All
Still in the process of planning the garage and came across this:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-LIFT-RAMP ... 3909wt_698

has anyone any comments re. this product? have you seen it at the NEC? or would I be better off using a pit (which I am happy with at the moment?)

Thanks
John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: cal44 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:57 pm

John,

I looked into lifts for a long time. There are cheap junk lifts made in China or top notch pricey lifts made in good places.

I don't know if the U.K has a manufacturer of lifts. I know America does as they use made in America steel and all parts.

Here in the States there are some pinheaded manufacturers that obtain the parts made in China and try and pawn the lift off as made in the U.S.A. But, in reality it was just put together here. Gotta' watch em'.....bastards......

Just like used car salesmen.............shifty eyes and bad shoes.

My two cheap neighbors have cheap lifts.............I will not get under them........the lifts......or the neighbors.

Figuring out the proper lift to buy will take a while. To give you an idea. View Backyard Buddy online http://www.backyardbuddy.com/. They show you the way many cheap lifts are made.

Keep in mind you need a tall ceiling........the taller the better. Mine is ten foot, wish I would have done eleven or twelve.

I am thinking a nice four post would be neat to use in removing the body from the backbone.

Mike
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "Mad Dog" James Mattis United States Marines
cal44
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:02 am

Mike

Many thanks

" The factory manufacturing these lift for me are responsible for
the production of 4 post lifts for a major ( mention no name )
USA lift company . "

I wonder who they are?

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: