Classic Le Mans 2012

PostPost by: Steve S2 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:21 pm

Is anyone going along to Classic Le Mans next July? I'm thinking about heading down in my Plus 2.
Steve S2
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: rmd24 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:05 pm

Just sent off my booking with Club Lotus France.
rmd24
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Old English White » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:10 pm

Hi all,
Just a few words to let you know that Le Mans Classic 2012 is going to be one of the best places where to celebrate the 50th anniversary of our favorite car.
At that time , the british and french members of Club Lotus France are negociating with Peter Auto Organisation any nice way to display, show or parade in/with the Elan's that ll have made the trip to Le Mans.
The main thing is that 1962 was an exceptionnal year for car industry, an 2012 ll the 50th anniversary of many famous cars, E-type, Cobra's etc...So, It's not going to be easy!
Don't remember, only one Elan ever entered the 24H race... None finished.
As soon we ll have details, I or any other member of the french club, ll be back to you.
Anyway, this event is great, never missed one. Ask the others that made the trip accross.
elan-photos-f18/mans-classic-2010-photo-thread-t20883.html
Christian. :mrgreen:
Old English White
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:21 pm

Steve S2 wrote:Is anyone going along to Classic Le Mans next July? I'm thinking about heading down in my Plus 2.

See this previous thread.

http://www.lotuselan.net/forums/free-parking-f19/mans-classic-2012-t22937.html
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GreekS1 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:48 pm

Hi All!

What have you guys organised for LMC?

The time is getting close!
Im thinking of booking either the yellow or the blue camp sites in the circuit! Anyone else been there?
Also are you booking tickets through club Lotus? I am probably booking a lap as well!

Ill be driving from Greece so if anyone driving from Italy, Southern France is interested in forming an Elan convoy I'd love to talk to you!
Same goes for after LMC, I'll be going to the UK so it would be nice to drive there with some of you from the UK.

Lets get organised!! The Elan is only 50 once!!! :D

Vassilis
1967 Elan S3 SE FHC
2000 Elise S1 - Sold

Athens - Greece
GreekS1
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: rmd24 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:46 am

Hi Vassilis,

I shall be going from SW France near Bergerac, but I guess that's not really on the direct route from Greece!

Roger.
rmd24
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: GreekS1 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi Roger,

I was thinking of taking route Napoleon till Grenoble and then go from there. Maybe we can meet somewhere on the way closer to Le Mans.

If not then we will meet at the event!

Cheers
Vassilis
1967 Elan S3 SE FHC
2000 Elise S1 - Sold

Athens - Greece
GreekS1
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:16 pm

Well I've gone and done it. I have mooched a ride with my friend Geoff Cole and lodging from Liz and Brian Green to attend Le Mans Classic in July.

My hope is that I can meet anyone from this forum who is at the event and put a face to a name on the board. Fortunately for all of you, my screen name and my real name are the same so I should be easy to find and to make it even easier, I plan to wear my Yellow LOG 27 ball cap at least the first day.

I will look for you all as well and I know some who will be there know Brian and Geoff so if you see them, please find me as I would very much enjoy getting to meet you personally.

I will also be going to the Festival of Speed and will post that appropriately so as not to incur the wrath of those who monitor thread hijacking!
Ross Robbins
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: GreekS1 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:59 am

Goodmoring to all!

Is there going to be an organised drive back to the UK from LMC in July? If so, should we book group tickets for the crossing etc.?

If not, is anyone interested in organising it?

Regards

Vassilis
1967 Elan S3 SE FHC
2000 Elise S1 - Sold

Athens - Greece
GreekS1
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: