The favourite Photo of your Elan?

PostPost by: gordont » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:33 am

Rob
I must say I am impressed that your handbrake is good enough for that hill, I know mine wouldnt be (or maybe I just wouldnt trust it!)
Gordon
Gordon
26/5416
gordont
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: prezoom » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:28 pm

Gordon,

That and putting the car in reverse gear. The brake does seem to work pretty well. Can't explain why, perhaps it is the adjustment.

I did make an in line adapter, that is placed between the cable bracket at the front and the over sheath going into the car. My cable was far too long to adjust all the slack out, and get the "tree" in the correct orientation.

Rob Walker
26-4889
Attachments
Lotus parts 120.jpg and
Rob Walker
26-4889
50-0315N
1964 Sabra GT
1964 Elva Mk4T Coupe (awaiting restoration)
1965 Ford Falcon Ranchero, 302,AOD,9",rack and pinion,disc,etc,etc,etc
1954 Nash Healey LeMans Coupe

Owning a Lotus will get you off the couch
prezoom
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:06 am

Spyder fan wrote: My favourite photo is the result of a wet cold Sunday afternoon playing around with Photoshop

:shock: Does that mean the photo given to me by a PO might not be kosher?

Very Low Mileage Elan.jpg and
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:41 pm

prezoom wrote:Mike,

Moonlight it is....... . The big plus was, I didn't see a single crotch rocket on the mountain, up or down.

Rob Walker
26-4889

I love it when I catch up with a crotch rocket on a winding road in the Lotus ( Elan, Plus 2 or Esprit) and I can sit on his rear wheel through the bends and then he cant out accelerate me in the straights because he does not know how to hang onto his bike under constant hard acceleration out of a corner as you are coming up through the gears.

I especially love it after the first corner in the Elan with a good rider on a hot bike, when I catch him in a corner and he thinks he will blast away in the next straight. Coming out of the corner he puts his head down and concentrates on hanging on to the bike as he accelerates. Then he puts his head up at about 100 kmh and looks in his mirror and almost falls off his bike when I am still 1 metre behind his rear wheel :D

cheers
Rohan

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:39 pm

rgh0 wrote:
prezoom wrote:Mike,

Moonlight it is....... . The big plus was, I didn't see a single crotch rocket on the mountain, up or down.

Rob Walker
26-4889

I love it when I catch up with a crotch rocket on a winding road in the Lotus ( Elan, Plus 2 or Esprit) and I can sit on his rear wheel through the bends and then he cant out accelerate me in the straights because he does not know how to hang onto his bike under constant hard acceleration out of a corner as you are coming up through the gears.

I especially love it after the first corner in the Elan with a good rider on a hot bike, when I catch him in a corner and he thinks he will blast away in the next straight. Coming out of the corner he puts his head down and concentrates on hanging on to the bike as he accelerates. Then he puts his head up at about 100 kmh and looks in his mirror and almost falls off his bike when I am still 1 metre behind his rear wheel :D

cheers
Rohan

8) and with no danger of getting "arm-pump" a la Casey Stoner wannabes.
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Old English White » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:04 pm

For Alan,
I can't see anything wrong...

Christian. :mrgreen:
Old English White
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: cabc26b » Wed May 16, 2012 9:29 pm

its an "effect" in the better half's photo editor replicates a old camera -
Attachments
'64 Lotus Elan Lomo.jpg and
cabc26b
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: barefoot » Thu May 17, 2012 9:44 am

My old Elan was originally an S4 that was rebuilt into a Sprint by Vegantune of Spalding Lincs it had their "150" BHP engine with twin 45 Dellortos. They used to buy in old Elans and then completely refurbish them eventually making their own Evante model. After these pics in around 1982 I bought a fancy set of knock on alloys from Christopher Neals did anyone else buy a set for their Elan?

barefoot
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Thu May 28, 2015 11:02 pm

Not my car but I can't find the appropriate thread! Perhaps the owner is on here? Donington Park Historic races the other week.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Rob P » Fri May 29, 2015 8:49 am

Only had the car a couple of weeks but loving this little car to bits, took it out for a little drive through the twisty lanes of Lancashire.
IMG_0377.jpg and
Simplify and add lightness

Lotus Elan S4 Coupe - Wedgewood Blue
Lotus Elise S1 - Racing Green
Rob P
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: 661 » Fri May 29, 2015 9:48 am

elansprint71 wrote:Image

Not my car but I can't find the appropriate thread! Perhaps the owner is on here? Donington Park Historic races the other week.

That is a great picture!
Graeme
S4 SE
S2 GTS
Caterham 420R
Sold - Peterson JPS Exige
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:48 pm

Rob P wrote:Only had the car a couple of weeks but loving this little car to bits, took it out for a little drive through the twisty lanes of Lancashire.
IMG_0377.jpg

Nice car and I like the road sign!
You should hook up with Paul Adamson (from Leyland) and he could drag you along to a CLOG meeting.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Rob P » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:08 pm

Always happy to meet new people, when does the CLOG meetings occur?
Simplify and add lightness

Lotus Elan S4 Coupe - Wedgewood Blue
Lotus Elise S1 - Racing Green
Rob P
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:59 pm

Rob P wrote:Only had the car a couple of weeks but loving this little car to bits, took it out for a little drive through the twisty lanes of Lancashire.
IMG_0377.jpg

That sir is a pretty car... Enjoy it! :D
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: