Classic Car extend the 30 year rule petition

PostPost by: prezoom » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:36 pm

Here in Kalifornia.... they have actually opened up some rules on hot rods and speciality built cars. In the past, they would only allow 500 new special built vehicles to be licensed each year, but just increased to 750 each year. Sort of like a lottery. Better be first in line after the first day of the new year, they run out quickly.

Here, we have no annual safety inspection for any car, but we do have a rolling road emission testing, based upon the age of the car back to 1974, I think. Used to be 1972. From there back, no more emission testing. No restriction on where any cars can be driven generally. Some National Parks restrict the number vehicles allowed in the park. Nor is there any restriction on night driving

License fees (taxes) are based upon the value of the vehicle. Usually for vintage/collector/speciality built cars, it is based upon the last sales or construction price.

Rob Walker
26-4998
Rob Walker
26-4889
50-0315N
1964 Sabra GT
1964 Elva Mk4T Coupe (awaiting restoration)
1965 Ford Falcon Ranchero, 302,AOD,9",rack and pinion,disc,etc,etc,etc
1954 Nash Healey LeMans Coupe

Owning a Lotus will get you off the couch
prezoom
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:43 am

UAB807F wrote:Ever so slightly still on topic, this morning I saw a thread on Pistonheads regarding an e-petition and fuel duty in the UK. (for those on t'other side of the pond, it's us Brits grumbling in our beer about the cost of gas yet again). Apparently the e-petition got it's 100,000 signatures but, in the same democratic vein that Norfolk politicans subscribe to, it's been decided not to bother with the faff of having a debate after all. This is an extract from the reply one guy got after writing in protest to his MP (Jonathan Lord)......

"I understand that the Fair Fuel e-petition on the Government's main website has now reached more than 100,000 signatures. Any e-petition that gathers this support could be debated in the House of Commons. Having made some enquiries, I gather that the House of Common's Backbench Business Committee has reviewed the request but unfortunately there is insufficient time over the next month to have a debate. However, the Committee has not ruled out a debate in the future and I am sure that they are very aware of the importance of this topic."

So, get your signatures and we'll think about having a debate. Maybe. Perhaps. Possibly, if we've nothing better to do, it's raining and the ducks don't need feeding that afternoon......

:roll:

It seems that all is not lost...yet. With Mr. Robert Halfon "pulling on the rope" (sponsoring it) it will get a hearing after all.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15730087

Cheers - Richard
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:30 am

If licence fees are based on the value of the vehicle, what does the owner of a $15,000,000 250 SWB Ferrari have to pay!!??
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: