Newbie from Bristol, UK

PostPost by: Etienne 7 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:03 pm

Hello all,

I am French, live in Bristol (UK) for 5 years now and own a Caterham 1600 Sprint now French registered and which stays at my parents back home (near Tours). More importantly, I am fond of Elan babies, this is why I am here :wink: .

A little easy project would be nice for the winter, but it depends if I can find a garage to park it. Ideally something good mechanically but not necessarely perfect aesthetically.

Member of the French Lotus Club, I owned an Elise for a while but I had to sell it after having moved flat (these cars are not meant to be parked on the street... and I couldn't find a garage).

I look forward to discovering more the Elan community and the cars, obviously. I will spend quite a while reading everything, but I am sure questions will come with time.

All the best,

Etienne
Etienne 7
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:58 pm

We meet again Etienne ..... I think that's now 4 forums!

Do you want a LHD or RHD?

All the best
Terry
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Etienne 7 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:42 am

Hello Terry :D
RHD would suit me perfectly.
All the best,
Etienne
Etienne 7
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: vernon.taylor » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:25 pm

Salut Etienne

I spent my first 18 years in Bristol (well, between Bristol and Bath actually) but I wouldn't choose to leave France to go back there - 'cept to see my mum, of course.

Hope you find something and if you do there's a guy selling bits on eBay regularly from Bristol - lots of good bits, too. Might be worth tracking him down. Lots are for +2 but also twincam.

Enjoy yourself.

Vernon
vernon.taylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: