Lotus Elan

Club Lotus Show & Festival 2011 - Donington Park 13/14 Aug

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Sun May 29, 2011 8:08 am

Took me three hours to find the Hethel pics !! Also quite a few of Donnington / Coombe in the 80s. They were in a photo album....do you remember those??!

I need a rainy day or three to sort out all the crap I've collected over the years. The search for the pictures uncovered all sorts of things, some of which I hadn't unpacked since moving here 12 years ago.

I'll scan them in and start a new topic...soon.

Mark
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:18 pm

I'll be in Nottingham August 10th-15th, so I should be able to attend.

Looking forward to meeting some of you there :lol:
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:48 am

With just over a month to go we are now making plans for the Elan Section stand at Donington.

We shall be located opposite Club Lotus' stand, right by the main entrance to the hall. We are having a Ron Hickman tribute, with a S1 and Sprint Elan, a +2 and a S1 Europa to display his design talent. Brian Buckland will have his stand with us too. We also hope to have some interesting archive stuff with us.

All LotusElan.net listers will be most welcome to drop by, take a seat, have a cuppa and a natter at any time throughout the show. The stand will be manned by volunteers so you never know who you may end up chatting to. We may even nab you to help out for an hour or two! So please do come by and say hello and join the new Club Lotus Elan Section.

In addition, if you like we can offer the facility to sell your Elan bits. We are working on this but we could have a simple system whereby you tag up the part with your name, contact details and price and we sell it for you, or you can come and stand at the table with your parts ready to haggle. However, this is meant to be an informal way of helping you sell a small number of parts; we certainly can not act as a trade stand so please don't arrive with a Volvo estate full of parts and expect a 'free' facility!

If there is anything else you would like us to think about offering at Donington, please do ask.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:04 am

+2/Plus Two owner?

Please see my posting in the Plus Two section: +2 Needed - Elan Section Hickman Tribute Stand at Donington

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: vstibbard » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:54 am

Hi All, im over from Oz i'll be dropping in one of the days, look forward to saying hi, any one else from Oz likely to there?

How long would it take to get to get there from Harpenden in Herts?

Cheers Vaughan
vstibbard
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:28 am

Hi,

Trip ... Harpenden to Donington circuit 95.1 miles Time 1:33:00 Heading 329? true

Looks like a 2hr trip with allowances for some traffic. Could be (a lot) more or a little less depending on time of travel etc

Probably see you there then...

Alex....
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: vstibbard » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:30 am

Thanks Alex, appreciate he heading! See you there

V
vstibbard
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:21 pm

I have just booked the Donington Park Hotel which is 2 miles from the circuit. Mrs T says it's bad enough having to get bored all day watching me waffle on about cars with similarly minded nutters without the added discomfort of camping out in some rainy windswept field.

I'm not sure if I will be driving the +2 up or whether the S4 Duratec will be ready, possibly both cars will be there if Spyder decide to bring the S4 along for a static display before formally handing it over in exchange for a large wedge of cash, we shall see.

I will look forward to meeting up with a few of you and will of course make a beeline for the Club Elan area to formally launch the modified section of the new group :lol:
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: bcmc33 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:27 pm

Spyder fan wrote:I'm not sure if I will be driving the +2 up or whether the S4 Duratec will be ready,

It had better be there, Alan. It's near the top of my list of things to see and do over the weekend.
Brian Clarke
(1972 Sprint 5 EFI)

Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional
bcmc33
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:28 pm

And very welcome you will be too, Alan! We might even rope you in to help man the stand...or your wife even!

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:57 pm

bcmc33 wrote:
Spyder fan wrote:I'm not sure if I will be driving the +2 up or whether the S4 Duratec will be ready,

It had better be there, Alan. It's near the top of my list of things to see and do over the weekend.

A formal request has been sent to Andy & Sean to make it happen. When I spoke to Andy last week he had the chassis pretty much ready to unite with the body so it could all be sent to SMS for paint, once back (5 days) it's wiring, front screen and interior fitment which will take them less than a week, it's still 4 weeks till Donington starting Monday so no panic ....... yet
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:38 am

Spyder fan wrote:
bcmc33 wrote:

A formal request has been sent to Andy & Sean to make it happen. When I spoke to Andy last week he had the chassis pretty much ready to unite with the body so it could all be sent to SMS for paint, once back (5 days) it's wiring, front screen and interior fitment which will take them less than a week, it's still 4 weeks till Donington starting Monday so no panic ....... yet

Should I send you a Photo of myself so that you can get just the right shade of Green for the paint job? :D

John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:34 am

Welcome back to the UK John, hope your move all went well and that Dithering is now behind you!

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:28 pm

trw99 wrote:Welcome back to the UK John, hope your move all went well and that Dithering is now behind you!

Tim

Thanks Tim,

yes the dithering is certainly over, I'm here now & burnt the bridges on the way.
The move was a bit traumatic & the contractor is still working to finish the changes to my house; but hey ho, never a dull moment.
But boy will I be pleased to have unpacked everything & put it in its right place.
Hopefully before Christmas :lol:
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:05 pm

See you at Donington John?

AB...
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PreviousNext