Footman James Insurance

PostPost by: greyhound » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:00 pm

Hi, Just thought this may be of interest. My +2 has been insured with FJ since I bought it in 1995, on the road until 1999 and then on a lay policy ever since.
I phoned today to get some cover just to drive to a local garage for a check over and MOT-------------- I suggested a couple of hours cover, only to be told after 'checking with the supervisor' that the minimum cover they issue is 12 months.
After much protesting I ended up paying for the full 12 months.
Any comments, thanks John.
greyhound
New-tral

PostPost by: ppnelan » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:11 pm

Next time, try Peter D James insurance. Mr.James left FJ to form his own company which must say something about FJ... However, I was with them for a number of years up until last year when they were a fair bit more than PDJ for the same cover. Never had to claim though - that's really when you find out how good they are... :wink:

:arrow: Matthew
ppnelan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Robbie693 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:44 pm

I tried to get cover from FJ for a test drive on a car I was looking at a few years ago - same story, they only do 12 months. They suggested I took out the policy and cancel it if I didn't buy the car, For a ?30 fee.

I'd been with FJ for years as they paid up no quible when I had an accident. Went to PDJ this year as they were ?70 cheaper for the same cover.

Robbie
Robbie693
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RichardS » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:57 pm

I have recently changed from FJ who I had been with for 25 years+

I paid ?70 a year for off road cover and was quoted ?195 for on the road cover from FJ - and couldn't just "upgrade" the existing policy.

I rang Kim who has a page in the business section business-listings-f3/lotus-elan-insurance-t17901.html and received excellent advice and more comprehensive cover for ?96. To be fair the FJ quote included break down cover - I arranged seperate cover through http://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/ for ?37.

Richard
Lotus Elan Sprint FHC 1973
RichardS
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:16 pm

I have never found FJ competitive on the Elan twice the price of other people were OK on off road cover for a P4 ferrari replica i a building. I have used Hagerthy at Silverstone i have a multicar policy with them for ?700 including breakdown cover in the UK they cover fully comp agreed value on the following:
TVR Tuscan
TVR Griffith 500
Elan Sprint
Ginetta G32
Triumph Stag
P4 with off road cover

For ?46 extra they are all covered for European breakdown/recovery for 12 months which i have had the misfortune to need recently & the service was excellent. I have no connection with the company just a satisfied customer
Ian
elansprint
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: