So who has or is building a Zetec Elan or +2

PostPost by: richgilb » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:45 am

Was it ever proposed to have a new section entitled Modified Elans, thus not creating a sense of elitism? And that the old posts can stay where they are? No big deal, really, I guess. As along as we put Zetec in our thread titles we will be noticed or ignored accordingly
I am now an ex-Elan owner but will drop by from time to time with some suitably inappropriate comments.
richgilb
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:07 am

Yes, as I mentioned there was a similar suggestion that Zetecs could fall under a common Section that covered modifications/changes etc.
Everything died a death.
IMHO Not transferring older posts on a subject that has been very well covered over the years would make the search in the Archives even more complicated.
The archives are a vital source of information & a tremendous amount of information on Zetec Elans is already stored there.
(under a variety of sections unfortunately).

Cheers
John
Last edited by GrUmPyBoDgEr on Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: richgilb » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:09 pm

some of these must be in the club of the butchered....any ideas? not too keen on the hot rod one in black on the left...think i saw it there about a year ago getting round tail lights installed...but not old school ones, more like ones you would get from B&Q for a blingy wet room. no offence intended if you are out there... :mrgreen: ho ho.
Attachments
index.5.jpg and
I am now an ex-Elan owner but will drop by from time to time with some suitably inappropriate comments.
richgilb
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:57 am

Rich,
Going from the left, the black car and the french blue car are customer faactory zetec conversions, the silver car is Andy Widnall's own car and demonstrator, The red car is a customer zetec as is the titanium car and the last 2 cars are 'au naturel' not counting the customers taste in body stripes of course :wink:

Regards
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:11 am

I kindof like the strippey one! Here it is at Castle Coombe in 2007...I think. Don't like the moon roof though....

Mark
Attachments
260507 012a.jpg and
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:12 am

Mark,

That's a nice picture and the stripe looks a bit more subtle from that angle....also I was mistaken that it's au naturel original as it clearly has bolt on wheels which is pretty much a giveaway for a zetec conversion.

Regards
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Mark B » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:18 pm

D.J.Pelly wrote:It'd be good to know who of us belong to this inscrutable crew.

Hi all,

Guilty as charged m'lud, :wink: just in the planning process at the mo, ordering chassis and building the engine etc.

I'm very impressed by your car John, really nice looking and good spec and build quality. Tell me, what's it's official colour please?

Cheers,
Mark. :D
Mark B
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Bob » Sun May 02, 2010 11:09 pm

Well I suppose i should confess , see attached pics
Attachments
rszDSCF3238.jpg and
S4, S2 and a +2 Zetec on the way
Bob
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Mon May 03, 2010 7:59 am

Looking very good.
I do like Blue! Who did the Paint Job?
Looks like you've still got a way to go, good luck.

Cheers
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Tue May 11, 2010 7:07 pm

just a thought --but has any one calculated if these 18 gauge folded steel chassis will handle all the added torque and horse power??? is chassis collapse imminent???ed
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Tue May 11, 2010 7:33 pm

twincamman wrote:just a thought --but has any one calculated if these 18 gauge folded steel chassis will handle all the added torque and horse power??? is chassis collapse imminent???ed

To quote Mr T:- "Crazy Fool, don't you know that there's no folded metal in a Spyder zetec space frame chassis?!!!".......

My handle isn't Spyder Fan just for the fun of it, frankly it's the only way to go if you want to seriously modify an Elan or +2.

Anyway, are you saying 26R's are dangerous then? 180 + bhp & 160lb ft torque is an average for one of those beasts and they aren't allowed spyder trickery!!!

Regards
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Tue May 11, 2010 8:20 pm

WELLLL NO MATTER WHO MAKES YOUR CHASSIS--- ANY COLLISION OVER 40 MPH in an elan or europa your pretty much messed up or dead ---no; as I have the original 1964 chassis Im not too hip on the after market stuff ---sorry --- :shock: -ed

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Tue May 11, 2010 8:51 pm

Ed baby!...... I beg to differ..... 50+mph rear ended accident by3 year old Ford Focus into my +2 resulted in 1no insurance write off and hospital visit for injured driver of Ford focus and a repair bill for my +2 but no injury for me..... fibreglass shell equals natural crumple zones.

Police have to simulate accident that results in injury by law over here..... 50+ mph impact was their analysis of the accident and amazement and amiration of a 40+ year old design
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Tue May 11, 2010 9:18 pm

GLAD TO HEAR THAT----I WILL PUSH A LITTLE HARDER IN THE TURNS -----but if I die ill haunt you OOOOOOOHHHHH- :evil: :evil: -- a kid stuffed his Honda into a phone pole at the end of the street last week -- D.O.A .--an Elan would have been a yard sale -ed
Last edited by twincamman on Tue May 11, 2010 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Tue May 11, 2010 9:29 pm

twincamman wrote:GLAD TO HEAR THAT----I WILL PUSH A LITTLE HARDER IN THE TURNS -----but if I die ill haunt you OOOOOOOHHHHH- :evil: :evil: -- a kid stuffed his Honda into phone a phone pole at the end of the street last week -- D.O.A .--an Elan would have been a yard sale -ed

Ed
Only ghosts haunt people.... trolls just scare children

Regards

Tommy (age 7) :P
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: