Independent agreed insurance valuation in the UK

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:02 pm

I've just been quoted ?92:20 by Adrian Flux on the condition that I get an Independent Agreed Valuation; anyone know where I can get this (I am not a member of Club Lotus! ).

My renewal quote from Lancaster was ?140:40 with a ?15 fee on top for Agreed Valuation- which consists of them stamping six recent photos.

Looking at cars for sale, I reckon that my valuation needs to go up from ?15.5k to about ?17k for a replacement to the same standard.

Any advice/opinions?

Cheers,
Pete.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Robbie693 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:02 pm

Hi Pete,

I got Paul Matty to value my Plus 2, this was after Club Lotus valued mine at (in my opinion) too low a figure.

I just sent him a completed vehicle condition form (from my insurer) six or seven printouts of photo's from my digital camera, a return envelope and a cheque for a tenner to a local charity.

His valuation was more realistic.

Hope this helps

Robbie
Robbie693
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: theelanman » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:14 pm

yes...the Cheshire Lotus Owners Group have an FIVA inspector and he has some cetificates.....
just needs assessing by the technical guru and the president and then sending to the insurers!!!!
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:18 pm

Thanks Robbie.

Elanman; I've heard bad things about the President of CLOG, some say he is positively evil. :twisted:

Cheers,
Pete.
President, Cheshire Lotus Owners Group.

....... why didn't I think of that? Doh...................
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: