North East {England} Newby

PostPost by: Alan D. » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:55 pm

Hello to one and all,
I don't have an Elan at the moment, but I do have an S1 Elise and various other fiberglass wonders. I live in Newcastle upon Tyne and would be happy to meet up with any other Lotus Elan owners. I'm actively looking to purchase an Elan plus 2. My only stipulation is that it has a "Spyder" chassis.. So if anyone has a car for sale, I would be interested in viewing the vehicle. I was fortunate to meet Jon in Cumbria last weekend and he give me a very spirited passenger ride around some very entertaining B roads. So I was convinced the plus 2 is the car for me..
Thank you Jon

Alan D.
Alan D.
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Europatc » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:44 pm

Welcome Alan Im a bit further down on the Humber. Both my cars are on Spyder chassis. Good luck with the search. Your on the right forum if you need any advise
Stuart
ImageImage
Europatc
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: jono » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:13 am

Hi Alan,

Good to meet last weekend - keep me posted and I would be happy to look at anything with you or offer my views.

Mine is on a Spyder chassis which was fitted in the 80's - it's not the early folded steel version but the later space frame. I do know however that it's not the version that will accept the Zetec MT75 conversion.

Here are before and after pictures for ID purposes if it helps but as said by others, speak to Spyder who will give you precise advice on the various versions.

Cheers

Jon
Attachments
before.jpg and
chassis.jpg and
jono
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Hawksfield » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:25 am

Alan

Hi

There is a group of local guys that meet once a month, first Monday each month
Within the group is a lot of experience and a spray painter. I myself attend periodically and have had a +2S130 1971 since 1986, I have known these guys for 30 years and can vouch for their Lotus interest
They meet at the Church Mouse Front Street, Chester Moor, Chester le Street DH2 3RJ,
John

+2s130 1971
Hawksfield
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: The Veg » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:46 pm

Welcome Alan, from a Plus 2 guy in USA!
1970 Elan Plus 2 (not S) 50/2036
2012 BMW R1200GS
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
The Veg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Alan D. » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:45 pm

Thank you all for your warm welcome.
Jon, thank you I will be taking you up on your offer of advice, I'm still perusing the for sale adds for the right car, I have a favourite at the moment and hope to call you next week for a chat if that's OK.
John, thank you for the invite, I would love to come on the 6th November, just let me know what time.
Stuart, I hope we meet at a show in the future and thank you to our friend in the USA, I doubt I will get there, but you never know. I've been doing the family tree thing and a lady has contacted me as we are a direct DNA match.
Regards Alan
Alan D.
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: The Veg » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:32 am

You never know indeed. Some of my ancestors came from Eastern Scotland. Would be a hoot to meet descendants of our common ancestors, even more a hoot to go have a few pints with them!
1970 Elan Plus 2 (not S) 50/2036
2012 BMW R1200GS
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
The Veg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: