Hi

PostPost by: carfixer24 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:30 pm

Even though I`ve posted already, I figure I should introduce myself.

I`m Geoff, I`m a mechanic by trade, and I`m in the process of doing some repairs and upgrades to my dad`s Elan. I don`t have much else to add at this time, but thanks in advance for any help that may be offered.
carfixer24
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Bill » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:38 pm

Ask for advise / help anytime Geoff

Bill
Bill Rathlef
Vancouver Island, Canada
"Keep your stick on the ice, boys."
Bill
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:59 pm

Welcome Geoff!
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:07 pm

Welcome aye!
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nodbe » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:57 pm

Welcome again,Geoff,
Any more info (location/car details/pics)?
nodbe
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: carfixer24 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:03 pm

As requested, here's a pic of the car.

It's my father's 1969 Elan S4, and it's currently in Whitby, ON, Canada, though it normally resides about 400kms away in Ottawa, ON.

I'm no expert on these cars, but apparently it's an FHC that's had the roof chopped off, and may originally have been yellow.
Attachments
img_20161030_124000028.jpg and
carfixer24
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: jk952 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:55 pm

Geoff,
Since in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area for those unfamiliar with the local jargon) note there is the Ancaster British car flea market, Apr 23, located in, wait for this.. Ancaster, Ont. It represents the "opening" of the season, cars, old parts, plus importantly all the usual local suppliers. Sept. 17 is the 34th annual British Car Day in Bronte provincial park, (part of Oakville now) well worth attending as the biggest in NA. There is as you may know the more local but smaller Lindsay show etc.
The car looks in good condition from what one can see.
I see it is your fathers; are you considering becoming an enthusiast, younger nut cases are always welcome :D
Jack
jk952
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: carfixer24 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:51 pm

jk952 wrote:Geoff,
Since in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area for those unfamiliar with the local jargon) note there is the Ancaster British car flea market, Apr 23, located in, wait for this.. Ancaster, Ont. It represents the "opening" of the season, cars, old parts, plus importantly all the usual local suppliers. Sept. 17 is the 34th annual British Car Day in Bronte provincial park, (part of Oakville now) well worth attending as the biggest in NA. There is as you may know the more local but smaller Lindsay show etc.
The car looks in good condition from what one can see.
I see it is your fathers; are you considering becoming an enthusiast, younger nut cases are always welcome :D
Jack

Thanks for the info, I've only been in the GTA since May (moved from Ottawa where the car and my family reside). I'd love to get my hands on a Lotus of my own, but the only ones I can afford right now are scale models.
carfixer24
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: