Hi all

PostPost by: davidc » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:30 am

Hi all

had a good read through the forum and decided to register as it seems a nice helpful place.

I have been in love with classic Lotus cars for as long as i can remember, JPS toy racing cars, Lotus jacket and cap at about the age of 7!

the main culprit was my neighbour as a child has a pistachio green Europa. probably from when I could walk on my own i'd hear i start up in his garage of a Sunday (3 doors down) and run to the front to see him drive off on his Sunday afternoon spin. the sight and noise had me hooked from then on.

i always said I'd buy it off him one day when he'd finished with to but a year or so back when i was finally in a position to i found out he'd sold it :roll:

worst still its back on the market now for a lot more than he sold it for, looks like it headed down south when sold :oops:

http://www.southnorfolkclassics.co.uk/p ... ginal-car/

anyway, I got over that and happened to stumble upon the plus 2 and fell in love with the shape.

more suits my needs with needing to have 2 whippets travel with me so have set my sights on one.

looking forward to asking questions and getting involved.

David
davidc
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: KevJ+2 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:55 pm

Hi David and welcome. You're right, it is a very helpful site and I wish I had joined it before buying my Plus 2 :roll:
Ah the childhood Europa fixation, I had exactly the same aged 14. I tried to get a workshop manual through my local library without joy. Then in the late eighties I finally got an Elan Sprint from Paul Matty and then an Excel for everyday driving. I later stupidly sold them both for an Esprit. I got back to owning a Lotus just over 2 years ago when I bought a basket case and I hope by next year it will be finished :lol:
I'm sure your whippets will love the car and look forward to a picture of them in it.
All the best,
Kev.
KevJ+2
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:27 pm

Welcome David.

The cars are getting more valuable all the time, so don't wait too long before buying yours. Subject to making sure it is a good un, of course.

:)
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: davidc » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:57 pm

I know! I've been watching them for about a year now and they have steadily risen.

Only good thing about that is I will recognise those not selling and assume there's a valid reason for that!

Just got to sort a suitable winter storage solution.
davidc
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Europatc » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:04 pm

Welcome David
all the best with your search
Stuart
ImageImage
Europatc
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: GHill » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:50 am

Welcome David

It's a great forum with great people you won't regret either decision!

Good luck
To get something you've never had, you need to do something you've never done!
GHill
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: