Introduction

PostPost by: Berw » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:20 am

Hello,
I posted a question on the Plus 2 section and thanks to Joahan for his advice, so I'll introduce myself.

i live in Malaysia, and I had a Elan Sprint in the 70's, was the cool car when your 23, sold to put deposit on a house that 'she' kept in a divorce, Since then I had a Europe JPS, and a Lotus Sunbeam, I currently have a Caterham 1700 Super Sprint on the track and a Lotus Carlton for the road, the Carlton is the only one in Asia outside Japan that goes, and was originaly owned by the Malaysian PM

A few months ago I was asked to look at a Plus 2, that had stood for 7 years, complete basket case but had LCP2 cams and Tony Thomson drive shafts, I made an offer to the widow of the dead owner and was accepted, Just stripped the car and the body comes of on Sunday, there are pictures on my face book page (same user name as here).

Currently I race in the Asia Classic Car Challange in a Sylva, and I'm currently looking at if I build the +2 as a race car for that series or a full spec road car. Fortunatly I had the car inspected before I stripped it and it never needs another inspection again to be road legal until either I change the engine block or if I sell it, so I can build an out and out race car but it would still be road legal, I know this is perverse but that's the law here,

At th moment I am enjoying working on the Elan as a project, does not have the complications as the Carlton, or the time pressure of the track cars which have to be ready for a set date.
Berw
New-tral

PostPost by: Europatc » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:41 pm

Welcome Berw
this is a wonderful place for advice and information
all the best
Stuart
ImageImage
Europatc
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: GHill » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:08 pm

Welcome and enjoy!!

I've found the advice on the forums extremely helpful!

Cheers
Gareth
To get something you've never had, you need to do something you've never done!
GHill
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: au-yt » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:33 am

Hi Brew Welcome aboard !
I am 9 hours flying south of you and there are place here that can assist along with the great people on this site.
Cheers
Graeme
LOTUS Evora 400
Ginetta G27 S2
66 one-off 2.6Ltr v8 Mid-engine Berlinetta Coupe........... in restoration
..................................................Age doesn't matter unless you are a cheese................................................
au-yt
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:54 am

Welcome Berw!
I've worked in Malaysia on a regular basis since 2003 - I'm astonished to find out that there is a Plus 2 there! I did come across a S2 E-type in Penang a few years ago, it was left close to the sea and was too far gone.
You're not a Hasher are you?
Best,
Rob
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Berw » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:16 pm

Hi Rob, I am In KL, PM me if you come this way, there are a few Elans around, there is an Early +2 in KL, and an S2 Convertable in Shah Alam, both complete then there is a S4 in Sungai Besi, but that has a 4 Age in it, that car was in Rust In Peace in Practiacal Classics a few years ago, when in Photographed it, none of them are on the road and they are not for sale, I don't know why people let cars rust away and wont sell.
Berw
New-tral

Total Online: