John Danby Racing

PostPost by: JohnDanbyRacing » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:52 pm

Hello my name is Ross and I am team manager of John Danby Racing. We prepare/support 3 Appendix K S1/2 Lotus Elan's in various historic race meetings.
We have made/developed many parts etc. for the Elan so hopefully can pass on some of that knowledge and offer services to other forum members.
JohnDanbyRacing
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: vernon.taylor » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:07 pm

Salut Ross

Welcome to the forum. i don't know what Appendix K means, but it sounds fast.

I'll be interested in what you offer if it can be used on a +2.

@+

Vernon
vernon.taylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: el-saturn » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:24 pm

hi - i used to design all kinds of automotive components in all of the areas except engine and gearbox design - BUT suspension, tubs, bodies in magnesium, titanium, cfrp, etc............. SO please email me a list of the available parts for 26R, S1-S4 including the individual weights (drawings would be nice a bit later) .....AS I support a bunch of lotus racers -------------- and sell parts to em - lkn 4-ward to receiving a reply sandy
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: JohnDanbyRacing » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:01 am

Hi Vernon,

Appendix K is the FIA regulations that the cars are built to for historic race events. Basically you have to follow the period homologation for parts + modern safety equipment.
JohnDanbyRacing
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:08 am

john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:30 am

Hi Ross

What seats do you fit in your Elans and how do you secure them. I race a very low budget Elan in Group S Production Sports Cars historic racing here in Australia and I am interested in the approach you have adopted.

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: JohnDanbyRacing » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:53 pm

Hi Rohan,

We use Tillett B6F seats with custom mounts and then spreader plates underneath the body. I will take some pictures tomorrow for you and post them here.

Ross
JohnDanbyRacing
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: