Returned to the fold

PostPost by: daverubberduck » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:57 pm

Hi Jason, your car is wedgewood blue, that's a nice colour. I wouldn't mine seeing that some time. Come the summer I'm sure we will get together.

Hi Kev, sorry I already did it. I will still buy you a pint though, or you me a pint, or both :D . Do you ever get down this way?
Dave
daverubberduck
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:15 pm

Re posting anything bigger than a letter. Try myhermes.com next time. Much, much better for any package than the GPO.

Tim

PS hermes Grumpy, hermes!
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: KevJ+2 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:30 pm

Tim, your showing your age re- GPO :) although I now know what the PO stands for!
Dave, my Mum lives in Rochford, so not a million miles away. Thanks for the donation, your very generous. Regards, Kev.
KevJ+2
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: daverubberduck » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:54 am

Do any of you Essex guys go to the Club Lotus meeting at the Woodman in Chipping Ongar 3rd Monday? Dave
daverubberduck
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:27 am

Nope, never been.

Full of Elise/Exige guys?

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: daverubberduck » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:13 pm

OK. So you don't think it's worth going there then. I know it's run by Barry Ely and he's been around a long time, so there must occasionally be an Elan there. I may give it a go in the summer.

Chris (tcsoar), I know your car, at least I know of it. I was just speaking to my cousin who is a mechanic over in Ireland and we were speaking about Elans, and he told me that he was recently in touch with the owner of his old Elan and he sent me the pics that you sent him with the Irish plate. Looks very nice. I love the colour. Exactly what shade of blue is that? I guess the Elan world is pretty small.
Dave
daverubberduck
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: tcsoar » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:38 pm

I had often thought of going to the club Lotus meeting in Essex, only about 20-30 minutes from me, but just never got round to it.

Spoke to a couple of guys from Ireland this year, one of them knew the last owner over there quite well and put me in touch with them.

The colour is Trophy Blue, but it is an MG coulour :oops:, used on the MGF and MG ZR's. Just liked the colour and thought it would really suit the car and the chrome.

Chris.
tcsoar
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: daverubberduck » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:53 pm

Hi Chris
The colour is beautiful. It's making me think twice about what colour to choose for mine.

Here is a pic I took in Ireland in 1982. Quality is very poor because it's a scan of an old print from a very cheap camera. Car in the background is a spitfire that belonged to my then girlfriend. In the foreground is your Elan. It looks a lot better now.
Elan +2 Ireland 1982.jpg and

I've never uploaded a pic to a forum before so hope this works.
Dave
daverubberduck
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: tcsoar » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:39 pm

WOW, thanks for that Dave,

It's amazing looking at that picture because it looks not that far from what it was when I bought it back in 1991. Dark Blue with gold metalic roof, although there were several layers of paint underneath, even the stickers on the back window and next to the number plate and I still have the number plate, its on the wall in my garage.

Thanks,

Chris.
tcsoar
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:59 pm

Dave
Welcome,how did you manage to escape from Manchester,I've been here for 59 years and still can see no way out....

John :wink:
1968 Plus2
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: daverubberduck » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:06 pm

Hi Chris, I'll try and get more info and pics from my cousin.

Hi John, I was only there for a year in 80/81 doing an MSc at UMIST. Lived in a student house in Sale. I had already been working a couple of years before going back to uni so had some money. I think I made an impression when I turned up in an Elan. Did you ever go to Chris Neil's old place in Northwich? I did manage to get away from Manchester but it's a great place.
Dave
daverubberduck
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: