Greetings from Germany

PostPost by: STB1968 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:09 pm

Hi all,

I am Stephan from Ingolstadt / Germany. To be honest more a driver then a technican by time and knowledge, though I own a Morris Minor for more then 15 years now, so the british virus kicked in quite long ago.

Active in the classic scene both on job (working for AUDI & Audi Tradition) and club (Morris Minor Register Deutschland) for some years now.

Currently thinking about adding an Elan +2 to the Minor (I just like the combination of a good looking sports car with 2+2 seats and quite a usability) and searching for a good example, since I dont have to time for a restoration project besides work and family. And yes, the Minor will be kept, it was our wedding car .

So joining the forums is natural for me since from my experience it can save a lot of hassle and most of the time one meets really nice people.
Stephan Bock

Ingolstadt / Germany
STB1968
New-tral

PostPost by: 512BB » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:21 pm

and most of the time one meets really nice people

You must be talking about a different website Stephan :lol:

But welcome to this one anyway.

Leslie
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:59 pm

Herzlich Willkommen Stephan,

sounds like you have an enviable job with Audi,
Hope you have some fun on here

Servus
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: AlfaLofa » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:07 pm

Welcome to LotusElan.net !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I too have a Morris Minor - a '69 2 door with 56,000 miles on the clock.

Unfortunately it hasn't seen any tarmac in the last 5 years :(

We've had him since the mid 80s (It's a "Him" because my better half calls him Horace the Morris).

There are probably other MM owners amongst us.
Steve
'64 S1 Elan (Owned since '73)
'69 Alfa Romeo 1750 Spider Veloce (Owned since '77)
'70 Morris Minor 1000 (Owned since '85)
AlfaLofa
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: vernon.taylor » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:08 am

Salut Stephan

Welcome to the forum.

You're right to look in the UK - if Germany is like France there are very few +2s, even fewer LHD examples, and usually more expensive - even after repatriation and conversion to LHD. Research registration in Germany, though, to be sure. There are some cars in France ocassionally, here : http://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/offres ... lotus+elan

However, not sure I'd recommend Lotus if you're not prepared to get your hands dirty (or someone else's) and the garage floor. There are other nice British sporty 2+2s like the Triumph Stag, Jaguar XJs or even an E-type - the 2+2s are a lot cheaper. The Stag and XJS can be found in convertible form, too. You have a good choice of home-produced classics, too ;-). I don't think anyone would disagree when I say you have to look after a Lotus perhaps more so than other cars. I imagine Morris Minors just work. I had a Triumph Herald and it continued to work even after a valve dropped and made a hole in one of the pistons (not as well, of course) !

I totally understand if you buy a Lotus Elan +2 ;-)

Bonnne chance

Vernon
vernon.taylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: robertverhey » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:33 am

Greetings from down under Stephan.
Just love my daily driver audi s3 Quattro. So few modern cars interest me. But just spent a full three days replacing the concentric clutch slave cylinder....makes me want to work on the lotus again, where it's a 15 minute job!

Robert
robertverhey
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: cal44 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:22 pm

Mr. Bock,

you have picked a fine selection in the Plus 2. Roomy, comfortable and an elegant looking car. A tad bit heavier but a good trade off considering the other items the car offers. Leg room in front is astounding. At 6'1" I have the seat brought forward.

mike
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "Mad Dog" James Mattis United States Marines
cal44
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: