Russia

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:35 pm

I thought you meant about Putin attacking Poland ,,,,, as if ,,,, the Ukraines have reached a natural defensive line ...the river .... and all are in for a long hard winter...

John :(
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: englishmaninwales » Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:40 pm

Indeed, a long hard winter. A very sensible tactical withdrawal, from the Russian perspective, across the Dnipro river. Gives them all sorts of options. Don’t underestimate Russian intentions or believe this is some sort of retreat.
1966 Elan S3 Coupe
1994 Caterham 7
englishmaninwales
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 pm

Mr P can now spend the next six months safe and sound , dug in , on the left bank throwing all the ordnance he can lay his hands on till we have another Syria.

John :(
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:34 am

There's a big difference Europe, Nato and the free world supporting Ukraine.
Ukraine with Himars to lob over the Russian's heads and cut off their supply lines. They need to eat. I think bombading solid defence instalations is a waste of rare/expensive rockets/missiles.
A second attack on the Kertch bridge is needed now. Cut off Military supply lines it is a military target not civil.

Sorry for my ramblings boys.
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:31 pm

Imho Russia is soooo brave to attack Power Stations and defenceless people in minus 10° C. ( BASTARDS). 10 MILLION PEOPLE NO HEATING.

Come on NATO have you got real courage of your convictions or is it just banter.
Alan
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nmauduit » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:58 pm

everything has a bad and a good side they say : I've just discovered the "foe" tag on my beloved forum ...
S4SE 36/8198
nmauduit
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:33 am

Well done Ukraine with the attacks on 3 Bomber Airbases . The Russian Bombers must be stopped from Bombing civilain installations. Nice move to use Ex Russian Missiles and send they back where they belong.
Alan
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nomad » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:16 am

Well it seems that our beloved CIA orchestrated the Maidan coup. They are good at it since they have been doing it all over the world for a very long time. The war did in fact begin in 2014 with Ukraine shelling the seceded states since then. If there is any blame for the dying that is going on over there it is the west that has been feeding arms into this ridiculousness. It is and has always been a proxy war by the US and its foolish allies. It has never been about freedom for that poor Ukrainians.
By the posts on this topic that I agree should have no place on this forum, it appears that the western propaganda machine has done a very good job and it is about time that people wake up to the fact. Come on, why would Russia blow up its own pipeline. Absolutely ridiculous like all the other lies western media has been feeding the sheep.

:evil: Open forum, RIGHT?
Kurt
nomad
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:41 am

Thankyou mr Zelensky for your very brave visit.
I take my hat off to you Sir.
We will at long last give you Wings.
Info.
For sure my Family history has moulded me and my way of thinking.
My Grandfather firefighter in Portsmouth WW11 during the Blitz and WW11 in the Somme.
My Father on HMS Argonaut torpedoed WW11 by Italien Submarine.
My Mum making the Gliders for Normandy Landings.
An Uncle killed in his Bomber returning from a Sortie in Germany.
For sure "Freedom" and now with "Wings"
Alan
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:31 am

Propaganda is a political tool , used by both sides , having watched several documentaries ( lies? ) recently , I am sure Mr P has problems , his diplomacy is branded Lie and Deny, it is well documented about his “ agents” vising foreign countries to add a little “ extra “ into peoples tea , making great journeys , if you believe the CCTV footage ” to see a Cathedral “ etc. etc. etc. The list goes on..
I think I would prefer to live in a corrupt democracy than a corrupt autocracy…
Everyone is entitled to have and state their own opinions , just that some opinions are more valid than others….

John ;-)
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:37 am

Kurt
I think you need to stop believing propaganda from either side and start seeking real data. Its out there and it tells a different story especially to the Kremlin line. A good source is the Perun videos on Youtube. He is an Australian military economics analyst who provides real data to back up his analysis. He does not give his background but based on his style my guess is he is a lecturer at ANU ( Australian Ntional University) or Duntroon Milatary College ( Australian equivalent of Westpoint or Sandhurst) as he refuses to do any comparative analysis of Australian military capabilities

He does not rant and rave and make wild unsubstantiated claims as some people of both sides of this conflict do to try to grab headlines but he does hour long data filled powerpoint presentations with a very wry Australian sense of humour.

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: AshleyPark » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:47 am

I guess you've forgotten it was the Russians that defeated the Nazis in WW2!

Info.
My Grandfather firefighter in Portsmouth WW11 during the Blitz and WW11 in the Somme.
Alan
AshleyPark
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:35 am

There again it was a " Meat-Grinder" , they don't give a damn about the number of lives lost ,... no retreat or we'll shoot you....Russia seems to breed egotistical leaders?

John ;-)
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:55 am

AshleyPark wrote:I guess you've forgotten it was the Russians that defeated the Nazis in WW2!

Info.
Alan

I've not forgotten but i think the very cold weather had something to do with it and the Ukraine people that resisted then as they are now doing. There was a lot of cannon fodder used in those days with the same mentality that russia has now. In the past many Officers were killed by their own men because they wanted to use their men as fodder. My Granfather used to tell me what it was like in the Somme WW1.
Strategies with most countries has moved on and it's only Russia that are stuck in a "time warp" of their past
Empire.
So many being slaughtered for Putin's ego.
Strange times.
Alan
ps: it was not just Russia that defeated the Nazis check history records please.
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: AshleyPark » Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:36 pm

Strange times indeed, Alan, when 'we' in the West fawn over Zelensky, a dictator in the most corrupt country on the planet who has banned all media critical of him, banned all opposition political parties, banned the Ukrainian Orthodox church and has admitted that he refused to implement the peace deal that was brokered in the Donbass!

As for your assertion that Putin is 'empire building', I'm afraid you couldn't be further from the truth. With the US/Nato advancing on their doorstep it is a very real existential threat that Russia faces. With nuclear armed ballistic missiles based just a few hundred miles from Moscow the fear is the US will believe they can win a first strike confrontation. Knowing the extremity of some of the views of the people in Washington, Putin, understandably can't possibly allow that situation to arise.

Just as Kennedy wasn't having missiles in his backyard, in Cuba, all those years ago!
AshleyPark
Second Gear
Second Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: