Russia

PostPost by: Terry Posma » Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:43 pm

Tucker Carlson. You do realise that he was nightly going on about the stolen election and then stated off screen Trump was wacko.

You need to distinguish between news and opinion.
Terry Posma
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: AshleyPark » Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:06 pm

For those of you who refuse to read the Carlson piece, here's a link to the video of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7I5mrWipls

Definitely worth watching, whether you like him or not.
AshleyPark
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:09 pm

AshleyPark wrote:I think you’re losing it Rohan. Your only argument now seems to be to attack the people who say things that you don’t like or disagree with. Russel Brand, Scott Ritter and Tucker Carlson all being cases in point.

I feel far more inclined to believe their reasoned arguments to anyone who believes the nonsense that Russia blew up its own pipeline.

I said that Tucker Carlson needs to put together a compilation of his statements on Ukraine for the last year to demonstrate his credibility or lack there of. I dont think that is attacking someone by just asking that the facts be presented.

You also keep repeating a falsehood that I believe Russia blew up the pipeline because I say there is no evidence that the USA and Norway did it. Contiually repeating a falsehood does not make it true.

I am not asking you to believe anything and not attacking anyone, though you appear to believe I am attacking people by disagreeing with the data ( or lack of data) they present. I just asking you to look at the data with an open mind.
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:15 am

In addition I dont believe I ever attacked Russell Brand and i did not know who he was until you named him. I have now wasted some time and looked through his utube stuff and I have never seen such as data free, emotion laden site. He makes Scott Ritter looking like a rational human being in comparision which I did not think was possible
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:38 am

I have to put the fundamental blame on Putin. I can't accept the Russian view that for "self defense" they must control all the territory of the former USSR. Before Putin started the war, NATO was pretty much moribund, with everyone but the US getting a free ride and the US increasingly wondering, why bother. The Germans were not planning to invade Russia again. They're too busy becoming an Islamic republic.
Born, and brought home from the hospital (no seat belt (wtf)) in a baby!
Find out where the limits are, and start from there
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: SENC » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:47 am

h20hamelan wrote:I have to put the fundamental blame on Putin. I can't accept the Russian view that for "self defense" they must control all the territory of the former USSR. Before Putin started the war, NATO was pretty much moribund, with everyone but the US getting a free ride and the US increasingly wondering, why bother. The Germans were not planning to invade Russia again. They're too busy becoming an Islamic republic.

Please don't go injecting logic and common sense into this! ;)
Henry
69 Elan S4
65 Seven S2
SENC
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:01 am

AshleyPark wrote:For those of you who refuse to read the Carlson piece, here's a link to the video of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7I5mrWipls

Definitely worth watching, whether you like him or not.

:lol:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: englishmaninwales » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:34 am

rgh0 wrote:In addition I dont believe I ever attacked Russell Brand and i did not know who he was until you named him. I have now wasted some time and looked through his utube stuff and I have never seen such as data free, emotion laden site. He makes Scott Ritter looking like a rational human being in comparision which I did not think was possible

Unfortunately for you Rohan, you won’t get the time back you’ve completely wasted watching Russell Brand!
Malcolm
1966 Elan S3 Coupe
1994 Caterham 7
englishmaninwales
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:41 am

englishmaninwales wrote:
rgh0 wrote:In addition I dont believe I ever attacked Russell Brand and i did not know who he was until you named him. I have now wasted some time and looked through his utube stuff and I have never seen such as data free, emotion laden site. He makes Scott Ritter looking like a rational human being in comparision which I did not think was possible

Unfortunately for you Rohan, you won’t get the time back you’ve completely wasted watching Russell Brand!
Malcolm

Made up for it by loading the Elan onto the trailer for my next race in a couple of weeks and then taking the Esprit for an enjoyable Sunday run :) An hour in a Lotus compensates for a lot in life

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:00 pm

Nice one ,
troll.jpg and

This is the way to deal with them...

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/eco-activists-vw-germany/

John ;-)
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jcocking » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:47 pm

*************** MOD ALERT *****

It is ok to express your opinion about a subject.

Making derogatory comments about other members is unacceptable.

*************** MOD ALERT *****

I am sure all of you have projects in the garage that are more important than arguing about Russia.

Jeff
Jeff Cocking
LotusElan.net
jcocking
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: AshleyPark » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:52 pm

Well said Jeff!
AshleyPark
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:13 pm

My apologies Jeff , didn't mean to upset anyone....

John ;-)

P.S. Maybe it's time to close this thread, no-one is going to change their mind...until Mr. P. presses the button.
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: AshleyPark » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:20 pm

Give it a rest, John!
AshleyPark
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:04 pm

Put your ego back in the box...

I wasn't talking about you, but the Real Mr P. ( Putin )

Goodnight.

John ;-)
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: