Who has had their Covid vaccine then?

PostPost by: mbell » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:19 pm

The Veg wrote:Then this morning our governor announced that all Georgians will eligible for vaccine as of tomorrow. Appointments were already difficult to get in more populated areas, so I cringe at the potential for chaos here.

Texas has recently announced a similar thing, which open the vaccine up for me. However I quite annoyed by it. Texas decided not to include essential worker in group 1C, so only over 50's. This means that all the essential worker (aka the people who need the vaccine) are now in the same pool as the people with lower need. So they are competing with all the WFH people who are able to watch various availability registers and get vaccines at the drop of the hat when available. While they are stuck at work unable to look at vaccine availability or go a shot at short notice.

Result those with greatest need have the most difficulty getting it, increasing the risk for use all.

The Veg wrote:This brings me back to distribution.

The issues hear aren't that bad but there still issues. It seems that a lot of vaccine is going to more rural areas, where there is lower demand. Availability in major metroplex area is lot more difficult. Lots of people are going on long road trips to get the vaccine from more rural areas, who are more relaxed about who and just trying to not waste any doses they get.
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: The Veg » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:24 pm

mbell wrote:The issues hear aren't that bad but there still issues. It seems that a lot of vaccine is going to more rural areas, where there is lower demand. Availability in major metroplex area is lot more difficult. Lots of people are going on long road trips to get the vaccine from more rural areas, who are more relaxed about who and just trying to not waste any doses they get.

Here too, and with all the travel I do for work I could probably incorporate a stop in one of those towns without too much trouble.
1970 Elan Plus 2 (not S) 50/2036
2012 BMW R1200GS
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
The Veg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:23 pm

Just had a call inviting me for my third jab (suppressed immune system). I’m going on Thursday. Apparently I’ll be getting a fourth one in 6 months time.
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ericbushby » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:32 pm

Got my invitation on Monday 20th Sep the first day it started. I am not actually going until this Thursday 30th, my choice.
Eric in Burnley
S3SE DHC
ericbushby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:02 pm

Had my third jab today. It’s Pfizer again but has now been renamed Comirnaty (apparently for licensing reasons) but it’s exactly the same stuff. Not even a sore arm so far. Next one zmarch/April next year..

Said to the nurse we should have antibody tests to know where we are, she shrugged and agreed with me.
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: