PostPost by: alan.barker » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:17 am

Good luck and peace in USA
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:00 pm

Even though some think I shouldn’t or have no interest. I do. People around the world read this, and have mixed opinions and media. Maybe we can help.
My family lives in Vt Co Ak and Hi. I have been living in the states for almost 2 months of every year my entire life. I have ties to Fl and live 120 miles from one of the nicest areas in the States with some great people. Id and Wa is one of the reasons I live where I live.
Most of my family are die hard Obamacare folk, they backed out with H Clinton, and have been back at it since Biden. They dont communicate much at all the last 4 years, this speaks volumes. It affects me greatly.
I am very concerned about the crazy people, going to extremes. In my view, this is not going to end soon.
Unless_?

I truly hope nothing but good comes from these last 4 years. However people around the planet can help keep things going with an eye on the prize (being children and the earth).
Born, and brought home from the hospital (no seat belt (wtf)) in a baby!
Find out where the limits are, and start from there
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nomad » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:34 am

My $.02.....We are stuck with two parties. Bad. We are stuck with media owned by half a dozen of the 1%. Bad. We now have algorithms that allow those with a point of view to only have that point of view reinforced. Never hear any reasoning that opposes that view. Bad.

Remember when media had to allow an opposing view in this country?

This isn't over and is only going to get worse......

I like this point of view. Please consider:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoP9ufM3bjw

Kurt
nomad
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:27 pm

A telling article in the Globe

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion ... ts-coming/

Marche’s comments hit home for me in Canada.
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jcocking » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:34 pm

There was an interesting article in Time Magazine this month about the shadow group behind the election.

https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/
Jeff Cocking
LotusElan.net
jcocking
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Slowtus » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:41 pm

Sales of aluminum/aliminium foil have reached record heights recently.
Slowtus
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:04 pm

Hopefully aluminum hats will prevent us from "being allowed to believe things that aren't true" :lol:
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:24 pm

Friends comments of an Animal Farm take on how the oligarchy arrived.

“The point of the 1960s, again we were taught, was to tear down the rules, the traditions and customs, the hierarchies of the old guys. The targets were supposedly the uptight, short-hair, square-tie, adult generation who grew up in the Depression, won World War II, and were fighting to defeat Cold War Soviet Union.

The good guys, the students, and the activists, if they only had power, were going to break up corporations, shame (or "eat") the rich, and bring in young, hip politicians. Reformers like the younger Kennedy brothers, the John Kerry war hero-resisters, the Bay Area Dianne Feinsteins, and the hip Nancy Pelosis would disrupt the "status quo" of politics.

They would all push hard for assimilation and integration of the races, and the equality of the sexes in pursuit of universal equality of opportunity. The mantra of the 1960s and 1970s was "opportunity," Remember the 1964 federal EEOC -- the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission...

...Fast forward a half-century. What did these now-late septuagenarians give America?

Yes, the downtrodden pigs, the exploited horses, and the victimized sheep finally did expel Farmer Jones from America's Animal Farm.
But in his place, as Orwell predicted, revolutionary pigs began walking on two feet and absorbed all the levers of American cultural influence and power: the media, the bureaucracies, Wall Street, Silicon Valley, publishing, the academy, K-12 education, professional sports, and entertainment. And to them all, the revolutionaries added their past coarseness and 1960s-era by-any-means-necessary absolutism.

We are now finally witnessing the logical fruition of their radical utopia: Censorship, electronic surveillance, internal spying, monopolies, cartels, conspiracy theories, weaponization of the intelligence agencies, pouring billions of dollars into campaigns, changing voting laws by fiat, a woke revolutionary military, book banning, bleeding the First Amendment, canceling careers, blacklisting, separate-but-equal racial segregation and separatism...

...The revolutionary animals are now running the farm in a way that would be nightmarish even to Farmer Jones.
They won. They are now one with -- but also far, far worse than -- what they rebelled against.”
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:27 pm

His comment on the above Globe article

“They will be considered ridiculous by almost everyone. The author himself points out the "insurrection" was a joke and he didn't even include a photo of the furry Viking.

White supremacists are the problem? Where were they, while Antifa/BLM spent months looting, burning and killing in American cities while Dem mayors and the FBI did nothing? Yes, the Proud Boys got into some fights with Antifa but they were never burning and looting. They were not the instigators. Yet, in Canada, they are declared terrorists on zero evidence, while Antifa skates as they are the deniable muscle of the Left.

Very hard for conservative to engage in civil war as they have something to lose, jobs and property, unlike Antifa/BLM who live on welfare and Soros money.”

Seems I need more right in my life!
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:35 pm

One persons terrorist is another persons freedom fighter..... always has been, always will be and logical discussion will not change it.
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:18 pm

This is true, when did we vote to live in an oligarchy? I missed it somehow.

Good thing they're really, really competent at least. :)
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: steve lyle » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:01 am

h20hamelan wrote:This is true, when did we vote to live in an oligarchy? I missed it somehow.

Good thing they're really, really competent at least. :)

We didn’t vote for an oligarchy, the states did when they ratified the constitution. The framers just planned for white, male, property owners to vote - about 6% of the population at the time.

Like it or not, we’ve been on a 230 year journey, so far, toward democracy. And we’re as close as we’ve ever been to that goal. Which, ironically, pisses off both Antifa (presumably, they’re not organized enough to have a web site the way the Klan and Nazis do) and white supremacists.
Steve Lyle
1972 Elan Sprint 0248k @ https://www.mgexp.com/registry/1972-Lot ... 48K.30245/
1972 MGB Roadster @ https://www.mgexp.com/registry/1972-MG- ... 842G.4498/
2007 BMW 335i Coupe
steve lyle
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: TomR » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:44 pm

Citizens United assured we are an oligarchy. Politicians of either party can't be elected without big money from businesses and very wealthy individuals even in states and cities.
TomR
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: The Veg » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:41 am

Oligarchy seems to be basic human nature.
1970 Elan Plus 2 (not S) 50/2036
2012 BMW R1200GS
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
The Veg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:49 pm

I sort of doubt “democracy” has much place anymore. Canada has lost out too much to China in the last few years. Here’s another.

https://ottawasun.com/news/national/chi ... 2112788bd0

China has, it seems overtaken a very large percentage of mining and natural resources. This is all to be protected and any resource purchase of a foreign company is to be scrutinized. Though, I dont think this has happened since the 80’s.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/busin ... 24932.html

https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/ica-lic.n ... 00012.html

American companies have had interests in Canada forever. We work together for the most part. International trade certainly has got rid of the ma and pa corner stores, and allowed this sort of behaviour to happen.
I dont think the States would allow what Canada has, nor most other countries. So maybe my gripe is more with Canada it seems.
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: