Lotus Exige with an Audi engine??

PostPost by: mbell » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:37 pm

HCA wrote:Do not give up, and maybe force yourself to look further afield.

I keep my eyes open but mostly just the odd car in Dallas or Houston which is 350-400 miles round trip. Which is too much time to be able to spend to tire kick a car to see if I can get me + kids seats + kids in it (likely not).

Personally I like the pre-400 cars styling for being a little less aggressive. My currently daily is 290BHP and 4000+lbs and is plenty for the road. No doubts 350 in 3,000+lbs is plenty fast enough and enough to get in plenty of trouble.

I'd still expect the odd bit of Lotus build qaulity but can believe they much better than an elan. The Toyota drive train probably helps a lot!
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: HCA » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:08 pm

OK, I take your point.

You mention kids seats - straightaway I will tell you this could be an issue in the back. Especially if you are talking plural... It is not spacious inside.

Maybe you have to look ahead a bit - wait for the offspring to flee the coup, by which time the Evija will have affordable second hand prices....

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/ ... -hypercar/
Hal Adams
Evora S
Elan +2
HCA
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:53 am

I you really want to get serious dont mess around with these little 2l engines but get the 3.2l 6 cylinder out of a Mk1 Audi TT or Golf R32 or a 3.6l out of a Passat R36 which fit in pretty much the same package space and then with after market turbo kits you can get it to a comfortable 700+ HP. Should make an Exige seriously quick as long as the transmission holds together :D

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:57 am

Yes kids with child seats and being tall aren't working in my favor! Hence needing to find one test fit seats and likely crush my dreams.

Wouldn't want an Evija, pointlessly fast and appart instant instant acleration I think electric cars are unengaging to drive. There perfect for transport devices but very lacking for real driving enjoyment. Real lack of tactile experience or skill required to drive them.
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: