when the looting starts, the shooting starts

PostPost by: The Veg » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:22 am

mbell wrote:So I very much fear for a when a competent version of Trump comes along.

As do I. When not if.
1970 Elan Plus 2 (not S) 50/2036
2012 BMW R1200GS
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
The Veg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: The Veg » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:27 am

h20hamelan wrote:I have always though, the USA to have proper checks and balances.

Only in theory. We *supposedly* have rules that create checks and balances, but as the 45 administration has proven, these rules are utterly dependent on a gentlemanly willingness to abide by them and an assumption that an evil-doer in power won't be abetted by the other branches of government, or the assumption that most individuals in elected positions will really do what's right for the country and by 'the country' I mean the best interests of EVERYONE.

And all the challenges to the results of the recent election aren't as cockamamy as they seem on the surface. They are a test of what the limits to US democracy really are.
1970 Elan Plus 2 (not S) 50/2036
2012 BMW R1200GS
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
The Veg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:00 am

Slowtus wrote:
elanfan1 wrote:I hear that Adam Johnson the guy seen carrying off Nancy Pelosi’s Lectern has been arrested in Florida.

His lawyer says he won’t be taking the stand.

Does he drive a Lotus?

Whoever started this hissing contest needs a hobby other than fomenting unrest on a site which provides its own unrest, based on the cars. :D

Really, give it a rest, if I want to view politics it won't be on this site - can we get back to the cars please?

Did you miss that this was a joke?

As for giving it a rest, I’m a bit bored with the thread too hence me posting a joke to lighten things up a bit. But you know what this thread or any other on here, if you don’t like it you don’t have to read it. Stick to the car forums and don’t go in Free Parking which is for non Lotus content.
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Slowtus » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:01 am

elanfan1 wrote:
Slowtus wrote:
elanfan1 wrote:I hear that Adam Johnson the guy seen carrying off Nancy Pelosi’s Lectern has been arrested in Florida.

His lawyer says he won’t be taking the stand.

Does he drive a Lotus?

Whoever started this hissing contest needs a hobby other than fomenting unrest on a site which provides its own unrest, based on the cars. :D

Really, give it a rest, if I want to view politics it won't be on this site - can we get back to the cars please?

Did you miss that this was a joke?

I got the predictable, obvious and weak joke.

Doesn't change what I said though...the person who started this thread needs to get a hobby which doesn't include clown hats.
Slowtus
Third Gear
Third Gear

Previous

Total Online: