Lotus Elan

Customs & Import duty on parts

PostPost by: alan.barker » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:14 pm

I think for a S3 the US JAE would be the best bet with the stronger output shafts + of course a Diff Brace with TTR Frusta cones.
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: silverlink » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:47 pm

HCA wrote:Not sure you need to be registered - simply exporting a product is enough to waive the Australian tax. Someone from Australia can correct me..

I looked at Col's ing earlier and reckoned I would be paying a tad more extra than Ian paid. I am not sure though if the extra work Col puts into the shafts over Kelvendon - in my case - would justify the price though. I will say though that Col was a real gent and much better to talk with than another Australian manufacturer whose sour grapes attitude was not good :evil:

Interestingly I also was looking at the difference in price between the UK offerings such as Kelvedon's and though their price was less than Cols there was VAT to add which I think worked out to something over £600 in total.
I then had to think about a pair of special shock absorbers to allow for less 'Droop' plus fitting which I'm sure would probably take the cost past the Trikbits version. Of course Cols offering has had extra work done to the CV's and much CNC machining enabling normal shocks to be used.
My car has new Koni's fitted at great expense and I didn't want to change them as they are an excellent edition to my suspension.
Cheers
Ian
silverlink
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: