Blaupunkt and Becker radios

PostPost by: rdssdi » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:21 am

I am looking for a Blaupunkt and Becker radios from the 1960's. Likely manucatured into the 1970's. In particular a Becker Europa Also Europa II). All transistor with two knobs. Mechanical tuning with pointer. Mono prefered but stereo OK. Blaupunkt Frankfurt with same description. Prefer U.S. versions with multi bands.

Kindly let me know what you might have or any leads to purchase one. Salvage / breakers used parts sellers etc..

Much Appreciated.

Bob
rdssdi
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:48 am

I have a Blaupunkt Frankfurt that was fitted in the '65 Jaguar XKE I bought from Los Angeles.

I did a little research at the time and it seemed that the radio was probably from that time. It has a separate power supply box ...at least that's what I think it is!

It's probably a bit early for you if you want something made in the 1970s, but I would be interested to know what it is if you know about these things. I've seen a lot of Frankfurts on ebay, especially in the USA, and they seemed to have been fitted to Mercs and BMWs quite often in period.But they don't seem to have the additional power supply pack...maybe an earlier model feature?
Mark
Attachments
z Blaupunkt Frankfurt.JPG and
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:58 am

Bob and Mark,

If you speak or email the guy at Chrome London (I think his name is Mike) it’s a number starting 0203 from memory but google is your friend. His knowledge of old car radios is phenomenal he should be able to supply what you want but likely will be expensive and also answer your queries Mark. He’s a helpful nice chap.

I’m assuming you aren’t wanting one of these radios for an Elan as it won’t fit?

If you want serviced converted to iPhone Philips Turnolock radios I can help.

Good luck.
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: m750rider » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:48 pm

Several years ago I had these guys repair a Europa II for me and add bluetooth connectivity. They might have radios for sale.

https://www.beckerautosound.com

Also I see there is at least one on eBay now from the Atlanta area - take a look

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Becker-Europa- ... SwFIFeYV1P

Good luck.

Bob C
m750rider
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: