UK Dr Vernon Coleman on Covid

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:21 pm

I find this the most sensible information
Though I am biased, because I think it is a Gov Big Bank ploy. ( i dont think the virus is a ploy necessarily)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XEpwND96FMg
Born, and brought home from the hospital (no seat belt (wtf)) in a baby!
Find out where the limits are, and start from there
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: MarkDa » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:58 am

I guess his final thoughts about how we'll know it's a fix i.e. less than 100k dead are about to be surpassed.
He's right that losing the old will save money on pensions and other healthcare costs and taxes are about rise steeply but I don't see evidence of a determination to deliberately marginalize the old.

His biography is amazing in that he seems to be the very first person to have warned about most ot the worlds ills.
I guess if you write enough bunkum then some of it will be right - you can then ignore everything else!
MarkDa
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: JonB » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:43 am

Tono Bungay, innit?
JonB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 69S4 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:03 am

If there some kind of worldwide multi government secret plan to cull the over 70's I suspect he'll be amongst the first up against the wall or in the gas chamber or whatever method they use. As he's a homegrown conspiracist rather than the usual US variety all I would say is that it's very easy to be the leader of the opposition. All you have to do is criticise the choices made and the decisions taken and say how they will invariably lead to doom and destruction. You don't have to make any of them yourself.

Many of the points he makes may well have some merit in a debating context but it's the difference between foresight and hindsight. What would he suggest governments should have done - ignore the epidemic and just say it's not worth worrying about, carry on as normal? When hundreds of thousands of people are then swamping the health service and tens of thousands (as will be the case by around the end of June in the UK) dying they'd be accused of irresponsible neglect. Yes many more people die of flu but there is an annual vaccine program for that. There isn't for CV-19 and back in Jan / Feb the predictions were that it could kill vast swathes of the population. How could any govenment ignore scientific advice like that.

Nice try and a plausable fireside chat from someone looking like everyone's wise old grandfather but nothing really to offer. Not quite in the David Icke league but still the wrong side of the line for me.
Stuart Holding
Thame UK / Alpe D'Huez France
69 S4 FHC
Honda GoldWing 1800
Honda CBX1000
Kawasaki H1 500
Yamaha XS2
69S4
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: MarkDa » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:21 am

It's actually quite hard to find a definitive number for flu deaths but I suspect covid19 will do for more.
In the end we'll need to see how many more people die this year than last.
David Attenborough being only 'mildly concerned' because at 93 he half expects something to do for him in a few years anyway is a good point.
Some of the very frail elderly who die now might have died anyway this year.
In the most part they are far more philosophical about this than they are given credit for.
MarkDa
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:40 am

Over 1600 people die everyday normally in the UK (whether old age, accidents or disease). I’d assume that figure is now running at 2500+ a day. The Covid average deaths per day are well below a thousand but will get higher before dropping off again. If you took 1000 as an average an this last 90 days were looking at 900000 deaths in the UK alone. Worldwide it’s going to be millions. Sobering.
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 69S4 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:43 am

There was an article recently by the journalist Hunter Davies commenting on the lockdown in which he said that, as at 84 he's exceeded his actuarial lifespan, he's reluctant to spend whatever time is left to him in long term lockdown. I don't know anyone who's died of flu in recent years but at the moment I know one person who's died of cv-19 and another who's in hospital and almost certain to. Both had / have other conditions which seems to be the tipping point element. There is also an increasing awareness of post recovery issues - permanent lung and heart damage - for some people that I'm not aware of as being a concern with 'normal' flu. There's no doubt the fallout from this is going to be considerable both in economic and health terms and I suspect we're going to be taxed 'until the pips squeak' in the future to pay for it all but I don't see any viable alternative to what's been done. Dr VC is a bit like a football dad shouting at his team from the touchline. It's different when you're out on the pitch.
Stuart Holding
Thame UK / Alpe D'Huez France
69 S4 FHC
Honda GoldWing 1800
Honda CBX1000
Kawasaki H1 500
Yamaha XS2
69S4
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: MarkDa » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:51 pm

The next couple of year's total mortality figures will probably fall because of the 'culling' effect of covid19.
If you have to be ventilated to survive covid19 I expect you'll take several months to get back to normal.
MarkDa
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:38 pm

I read that the Spanish flu pandemic of 1918/19 started in the autumn winter of 1918, eased off over the summer of 1919 and then came back and killed more people in the autumn and winter of 1919. I know the figures are sketchy from that time, but until we have a vaccine we may have to get used to social distancing.
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: