These are the times that try men's souls

PostPost by: S3FHC » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:59 am

JonB wrote:Waitrose have so few customers that they've been practising social distancing by default.

In those days we called it "the Waitrose shopping experience".

:lol:

as I detest shopping (unless it's for Elan or Europa car parts) the "Waitrose shopping experience" is perfect!

:D
S3FHC
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:10 am

" 'per ardua ad astra' "

I had one a long time ago , Vauxhall rust bucket....

John ;-)
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jcocking » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:38 pm

Ok Lotus Team,

Time to see if you can help your friends who work in the medical field.

My daughter works in a Level 1 trauma center in ICU. She called and asked if I had any masks. I told her, I have masks I purchased to sand and chip the paint of the Lotus. She had me go out and check. They were just some masks I picked up at the local parts store.

They were N95 masks. These are the gold standard that everyone is talking about that is impossible to get as health care workers for personal protection. At the hospital, they only have surgical masks that will not stop the virus.

If you have them in your garage, keep a couple for your family and give the rest to your friends who are nurses and doctors.

You might save a life.

jeff
Jeff Cocking
LotusElan.net
jcocking
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: SENC » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:57 pm

jcocking wrote:Ok Lotus Team,

Time to see if you can help your friends who work in the medical field.

My daughter works in a Level 1 trauma center in ICU. She called and asked if I had any masks. I told her, I have masks I purchased to sand and chip the paint of the Lotus. She had me go out and check. They were just some masks I picked up at the local parts store.

They were N95 masks. These are the gold standard that everyone is talking about that is impossible to get as health care workers for personal protection. At the hospital, they only have surgical masks that will not stop the virus.

If you have them in your garage, keep a couple for your family and give the rest to your friends who are nurses and doctors.

You might save a life.

jeff

Yes, and most hospitals have set up a way to take mask and glove donations - not just N95s, but we're all low on surgical masks too. We very much appreciate them!
Henry
69 Elan S4
65 Seven S2
SENC
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:18 am

Most of our local services have refused donated gloves and masks, as there is no guarantee
Canada has the same issue as the states, as each province or state has the power to stop shipments across provincial or state boarders
Neither Canada or USA has Federal powers which superceed this in an emergency.

Trying times

I do hope the olive branch is close at hand

Also, that we could get back to pre 1950 equality, as, in 1950, a CEO made %5 more than the average worker. The disparity between common/poor and the rich is about to be felt.

Love
Born, and brought home from the hospital (no seat belt (wtf)) in a baby!
Find out where the limits are, and start from there
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Donels » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:48 am

I don't want to worry you but apparently there's a new thing going round now, I heard the PM mention it. It's called National Clap. Apparently it started in Spain, spread across Europe and now it's here in the UK!
Elan +2
Elise mk 1
Donels
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Slowtus » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:18 pm

h20hamelan wrote:Most of our local services have refused donated gloves and masks

I'm starting a line of masks, don't know how much to charge though...

2005.jpg and
Slowtus
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Quart Meg Miles » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:29 pm

Donels wrote:I don't want to worry you but apparently there's a new thing going round now, I heard the PM mention it. It's called National Clap. Apparently it started in Spain, spread across Europe and now it's here in the UK!

I think most of us over-70s are safe from that one!
Meg

26/4088 1965 S1½ Old and scruffy but in perfect working order; the car too.
________________Put your money where your mouse is, click on "Support LotusElan.net" below.
Quart Meg Miles
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Slowtus » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:05 pm

So, this self-isolation has allowed time to haul out the photo albums with a view to FINALLY scanning the hundreds of photos and while noodling through I came across a couple of pics of my S2 - please forgive the appearance of both the car and myself, both looked a lot better when I sold the car, back to its original yellow.

Okay, just the car looked better. :D

Just wonder if it is still alive...

elan.JPG and
Slowtus
Third Gear
Third Gear

Previous

Total Online: