June meeting english french club

PostPost by: alan.barker » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:56 pm

Will the meeting between Club Lotus UK and Club Lotus France take place around the 6th and 7th June or will it be postponed. I understand from friends in Club Lotus France there is a meeting between the 2 Clubs planned around 6th and 7th June.
does anyone have some News about it.
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:50 pm

Perhaps little early for a decision yet I’d suggest. We’ve heard nothing about Castle Combe on 23/5 yet.
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:16 am

I think it's not too soon for a decision to cancel.
The problem is to get the money back from the Ferry Company.
I've just cancelled our trip to UK and Scotland. Ferry to go ST Malo Portsmouth 18th May and return Plymouth 14th June to Roscoff.
BRITTANY FERRY have kept 25% of the cost which i consider very WRONG with the situation COVID19.
Alan
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:20 pm

Castle Combe i think has been cancelled June
Alan
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:53 am

You should not have cancelled Alan. If Brittany Ferries are not able to offer the sailing that you booked, they have to give a full refund. They say that they will give you a voucher for future use, but if you do not want a voucher, you are entitled to a full refund. If you cancel early, you lose your deposit.

I have a crossing booked for France in the summer. I shall not cancel. If the borders are open, I shall go, if not, I WILL get a full refund from BF. By the way, there is not a hope in hell that Classic Le Mans will go ahead, stand on me.

Leslie
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:24 am

Hi Leslie,
you could be right on the Ferry but some companies insist on a voucher.
We phoned Brittany Ferries and they didn't want to know and said we have lost the 25% (we told them the cancelation was not of our choice)
All the other Hotels and Guesthouses in England and Scotland have given us full refund.
If we hadn't cancelled with Brittany Ferries on 17th March they would have debited the full ferry price on 20th March.
We have had some travel problems in the past with Overbooking on plane flights which turned into a Nightmare so we decided to cut and run. After lots of phone calls and hassle in the past and "Ping Pong" with E-mails.
C'est comme ça.
Leslie if your visit is not cancelled and it's to Brittany again get in contact so we can have a chat. Last year we were very busy so impossible to meet <Plasticpig72(at)orange.fr>
Cheers
Alan
Last edited by alan.barker on Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:19 pm

To up date Brittany ferry have given us a Voucher for 1 year. so they have been correct.
Alan
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:23 am

It does not matter what any company insists on Alan. If they cannot provide the product or service that you bought, they have to give a full refund, at least in the UK they do.

We had a fabulous holiday in Brittany last year, at a place callled Le Saint, which was fitting :lol: but shall be holidaying much further south this year......hopefully, near Limoge. Took a beautiful 16th century farmhouse, that thankfully had a barn / garage to park the car in. Rain was so heavy over night some nights, it woke us up. So glad the car was tucked up. The owner and her family were so taken with the car, she even commented on it in her reply to our feedback left on the Gite de France website. Lovely area Brittany, not sure about the maritime climate though.

Leslie
Attachments
DSCF3606.JPG and
DSCF3629.JPG and
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:47 am

LITTLE LO CLOYES SUR LOIR.JPG and

Hi Leslie,
you were about 20 mins drive from my house but we were already booked with different things.
it was a pity not to meet.
Limoges is very nice also and i imagine you know famous for it's pottery.
Keep my Email address it could come in handy some day.
Alan
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:24 am

Well just to give this subject a bump.
Has the Trip been cancelled yet. I can't see the coronavirus clearing up quickly
Alan
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:32 pm

Not cancelled yet, strange
Alan
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear