Jim Groom?

PostPost by: webbslinger » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:25 pm

Does anyone know the whereabouts of James Groom? He had several sports car shops in the Bay area, the latest in Berkeley I believe, but that number has been discontinued.
webbslinger
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: jabingb » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:18 am

I just quizzed Mike Ostrov and he doesn't know the status of Jim but suggested perhaps Paulo Epifani, (510) 525-3445, might know as he's a block or so away from Jim's shop. Dan Marvin was mentioned as a possible source of info also. Unfortunately Jim has been battling cancer and I've driven by his shop a few times in the hopes of catching him in but no luck so far. Jerry Bassler
Jerry:
'62 S2 Elite | '69 S4 Elan FHC | '00 S1 Elise Sport 190
jabingb
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: skippopotamus » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:38 pm

I got VERY worried when I read that Jim had cancer. He's helped me quite a bit with car projects. Even though I'm not customer Jim always stops what he's doing to help me get going with whatever I'm stuck on.
Anyway, I went over to his shop today and was happy to see the door open. As always Jim stopped what he was doing to shoot the shit with me. He's done with Chemo and back at his shop trying to get his stamina back. He looks great!
skippopotamus
New-tral

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:44 pm

Don?t know any of you on this thread but that is cheering news!
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jabingb » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:55 pm

Spoke to Jim a couple days ago, he's getting better, goes into the shop a few times a week, mentioned he's working on a Jag project, very encouraging news! I will make a point of trying to stop by his shop and give a more complete update. Jerry
Jerry:
'62 S2 Elite | '69 S4 Elan FHC | '00 S1 Elise Sport 190
jabingb
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: