Time wasters

PostPost by: ecamiel » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:44 pm

This group has been friendly and helpful but there is one issue that keeps recurring.

Some of us have large collections of hard to find original and spare parts which we offer to fellow Elaniacks in an effort to keep these cars going. This is not a business for us. There are plenty of the usual suspects who sell parts as a business and get paid to put up with the time wasters.

I have had too many "tire kickers" who demand that I take sometimes hours of my time to dig out and photograph parts, price shipping and crating for them then waste even more of time trying to get the parts for stupid prices, free shipping, etc.

So please, Remember that we are willing to help fellow Elan owners but be respectful.
You know who you are !!

Eric
64 S1 Hart
ecamiel
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: 661 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:38 pm

Eric,
I thank you for contacting me after a plea I put out and supplying me with some S2 door handles.
Sometimes things go happily.

Happy Easter!
Graeme
S4 SE
S2 GTS
Caterham 420R
Sold - Peterson JPS Exige
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:07 am

I concur Eric. I have been messed about by many on this board over the years. Take this one for instance, a copy from a series of PMs.

'If it's OK with you I'd like to wait until my younger son returns home from Uni in May to give me a hand with transporting the chassis'

Thing is, that was back in 2015 and he did not say what year in May he would collect the chassis, and that was the last I heard from him. I will spare his blushes..........for now.

Rest assured people, if I give you MY word in a deal, you can stand on it, no matter what. Fortunately, there have also been some great deals with members of the board, to balance out the bad.

Happy Easter to all.

Leslie
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: