DVLA withdrawal of service

PostPost by: martinbrowning » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:50 pm

Hi there, I've just read in another marque owners club magazine that DVLA have withdrawn their service whereby the current registered owner of a vehicle could obtain details of all past owners.Requesting such information for the purposes of building a history of the vehicle is no longer considered to be "reasonable cause".

If you think that you missed an announcement then don't worry - DVLA didn't tell anybody about it.....

Martin B
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
72 Europa Special, 72 Sprint, 72 Plus 2
martinbrowning
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Chancer » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:18 pm

I am glad to have benefitted from it when I did but TBH I am surprised it has remained as long as it has in this modern day victim and compensation culture together with the right to privacy etc etc etc.

Does a V5 show the name and address of the previous owner, sorry for asking a basic question but its been 13 years since I had a UK registered vehicle and I cannot recall, not true actually but the documents for my Elan and 7 are hidden away in a secure location.

It might screw the auction market for cars previously owned by this or that famous person or pointless celeb but I guess there will be other ways of creating provenance.
Chancer
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: