The EU Referundum for the UK.

PostPost by: UAB807F » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:51 pm

terryp wrote:Rules are mostly employment law protecting the employee and essentially the labour supply.

Do you seriously, and I mean seriously think the EU regulation is only about employment and labour supply ? If so, I really do think you ought to read up a bit more about the EU, how it works and the path it is taking.

Democratic it is not, and personally I find that quite disturbing.
UAB807F
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:42 pm

Here's your starter for 10!
https://europa.eu/european-union/topics_en
Mark
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:44 pm

UAB807F wrote:
terryp wrote:Rules are mostly employment law protecting the employee and essentially the labour supply.

Do you seriously, and I mean seriously think the EU regulation is only about employment and labour supply ? If so, I really do think you ought to read up a bit more about the EU, how it works and the path it is taking.

Democratic it is not, and personally I find that quite disturbing.

And your examples of these hideous horrible laws are ...........????
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:47 pm

Elanintheforest wrote:Here's your starter for 10!
https://europa.eu/european-union/topics_en
Mark

Oops I forgot all the research and educational and that nasty climate change business , that EU they are so horrible!
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: AHM » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:49 pm

terryp wrote:aren't so stupid as to ask the electorate to decide on such a complex decision, one that only the most informed individuals in any Government should only be able to take (Not me or you!)

It is sometimes better to keep one's thoughts to oneself.

What a lot of nonsense!
AHM
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:51 pm

And obviously each member state can veto and not accept any of the laws, ours chose to accept most?
Although not all on employment , otherwise you would be bound to a reduced working week.
Hey you could all return to Victorian times and send children into factories,
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:54 pm

AHM wrote:
terryp wrote:aren't so stupid as to ask the electorate to decide on such a complex decision, one that only the most informed individuals in any Government should only be able to take (Not me or you!)

It is sometimes better to keep one's thoughts to oneself.

What a lot of nonsense!

I think you should then! I haven't said anything about the nonsense you have been writing.
I say wait and see what your stooges do, I can't see 1 going in the next month.
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: AHM » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:22 pm

Terry you say that people are not capable taking such a complex decision. Speak for yourself! I am exceptionally well informed of both sides of the argument.
AHM
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: UAB807F » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:28 am

terryp wrote:Well we live here and have lived and worked here for over 13 years. The TV is certainly taking the p*ss. Our french friends were completely shocked and appalled by the vote as were we.
Luckily the current French government aren't so stupid as to ask the electorate to decide on such a complex decision, one that only the most informed individuals in any Government should only be able to take (Not me or you!)

Hmm. So Terry, you've decided you prefer to live and work outside of the UK and have done so for 13 years. In which case you have no idea at all about what's happening to various parts of the UK, unless of course you're relying on the Express ?

And that's the trouble. From your initial comment that the EU is simply a trading block It's clear you have no idea of how the EU works or where it's going. Look at the list Mark provided, why on earth should a trading block have policies on transport, sport, environment ? A flag, an anthem ? That is the hallmark of a governing body, not a trading group.

Your trust in politicians to take the correct decisions for you is touching and brings to mind that you need no educational qualifications whatsoever to vote in an election, dig holes in the road, pick potatoes in a field or be elected to Parliament. You'll probably be surprised to hear we found some of our politicians so lacking that they couldn't even fill in expenses forms correctly. Several went to jail I believe.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter does it ? You like the EU and get to live inside it with like minded people. You don't live here any more so you won't have to worry about us.

Win-win all round eh ?
UAB807F
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:36 am

Well done you for being able to make complex decisions , as when you end up with "Little Britain" you can rest assured that the complex decision you made has got the country where it is.

It is funny how quickly you two have got very personal, I think that speaks volumes.

Still waiting for a list of all the hideous EU laws and regulations .....
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: UAB807F » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:39 am

terryp wrote:Well done you for being able to make complex decisions , as when you end up with "Little Britain" you can rest assured that the complex decision you made has got the country where it is.

It is funny how quickly you two have got very personal, I think that speaks volumes.

Still waiting for a list of all the hideous EU laws and regulations .....

Terry, I'm not getting personal. If I were, you'd certainly know about it and I'd be (rightly) banned.

You have every right to your opinions, choice of lifestyle and you will note that neither I or anyone else in recent posts has criticised your choice to live in another country or wish to remain in the EU.

But you don't have the right to maintain that a country where you don't reside should follow your wishes.

I have said you don't understand the EU on the basis of what you have posted, and stand by that. That is not a personal attack.

My reasons for leaving aren't actually "hideous EU Laws" or even the much touted "immigration", the fact is that EU is not a democratic organisation in the same sense as the UK Parliament and I don't want to live under such rule.

For a simple example, I can vote every 5 years and get rid of the Prime Minister if I don't like what they do. Tell me, how are you going to get rid of Juncker ?

But hey, let's talk about immigration because that's what we "Leave" voters have been fooled over, isn't it ? I don't have figures for the last time you lived in the UK, but I do have recent ones.

The population density of France is roughly half of the UK. Similar population (63 to 65m) but you've got twice the land area. You'll note that in the referendum voting, Ireland and Scotland voted to stay, England voted to leave. The population density in England is almost 4 times that of France. Scotland and Ireland, by comparison, are empty. England (outside of London) is struggling with balancing people and services.

So, the British people would like to address that and put a hold on FMOL. A critical point in the pre-referendum discussions with the EU and Cameron quite openly said it was a real problem.

And we can all see how well that went, can't we ? A totally inflexible response. We have a rule we created in 1957 and we still apply it without discussion or rationale over 60 years later.

You want to know why the UK left ? Because the EU hierarchy (and our own government to some extent) aren't listening to the population. Brexit has shaken them up and it will be a good thing for both the UK and the EU.

I wish the EU well on it's chosen path. I wish you well in your chosen location. It would be nice if the feelings were reciprocated but if not I think we'll probably cope.
UAB807F
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:28 am

We will have to agree to disagree on whether you are getting personal

As for the undemocratic EU, most informed people believe that the EU Parliament is in fact more democratic that the UK Parliament
http://www.stephenmcnair.uk/index.php/2 ... an-the-eu/

As an aside those eurocrats that everyone goes on about are no different to the UK civil service, i.e. unelected individuals although there are significantly less than them!

The pressure on services due to population density has more to do with the Thatcher years when a considerable number of hospitals and doctors surgeries were closed. Its just coming back to bite them on the bum!

You obviously consider yourself to be well read and capable of complex decisions. What would your recommendation be to our current Dictator for Brexit, bearing in mind the following:-
The border between Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland
Financial Industry dependant on EU passporting
Pharmaceutical Industry
Aviation Industry
Car industry
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: AHM » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:35 pm

terryp wrote:The pressure on services due to population density has more to do with the Thatcher years when a considerable number of hospitals and doctors surgeries were closed. Its just coming back to bite them on the bum!
No Terry it is because the mass influx of labour was to the UK when other states such as Germany exempted them selves from the the right for Eastern European workers to take up employment.... freedom of movement of labour my Bum. What utter hypocrites when they spout on about freedom of movement of labour being an EU right.

terryp wrote:You obviously consider yourself to be well read and capable of complex decisions. What would your recommendation be to our current Dictator for Brexit, bearing in mind the following:-

terryp wrote:The border between Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland

Simple it is an international border so people can show their passports, alternatively if the Collective Irish wish not to have border controls then we can default to showing a passport on the UK mainland - It really isn't a complex issue.

terryp wrote:Financial Industry dependant on EU passporting

It is the other way round Terry the Finance industry is in the UK and more EU businesses need to operate in the UK than the other way round. Sure there will be a shake up and a few people will have their jobs moved abroad but quite honestly I think that is a good thing. There certainly isn't going to be a mass exodus to Frankfurt - Far tom uch regulation and restriction on bonuses!

terryp wrote:Pharmaceutical Industry

Will manage the same as any other global non EU business - it isn't hard and will offer opportunities elsewhere.

terryp wrote:Aviation Industry

It is already a global industry and EU politics will have little effect. The aircraft industry deals in dollars so the immediate effect has been a substantial boost. Did you not catch the announcement about the new Boeing factory?

terryp wrote:Car industry

Will thrive don't worry yourself about Us, and if you want examples of EU petty regulation look no further.

These are global industries that won't miss a beat. Sure there will be a change of paperwork but nothing that isn't done already - simply a non-issue.
AHM
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:06 pm

AHM wrote:
terryp wrote:The pressure on services due to population density has more to do with the Thatcher years when a considerable number of hospitals and doctors surgeries were closed. Its just coming back to bite them on the bum!
No Terry it is because the mass influx of labour was to the UK when other states such as Germany exempted them selves from the the right for Eastern European workers to take up employment.... freedom of movement of labour my Bum. What utter hypocrites when they spout on about freedom of movement of labour being an EU right.

terryp wrote:You obviously consider yourself to be well read and capable of complex decisions. What would your recommendation be to our current Dictator for Brexit, bearing in mind the following:-

terryp wrote:The border between Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland

Simple it is an international border so people can show their passports, alternatively if the Collective Irish wish not to have border controls then we can default to showing a passport on the UK mainland - It really isn't a complex issue.

terryp wrote:Financial Industry dependant on EU passporting

It is the other way round Terry the Finance industry is in the UK and more EU businesses need to operate in the UK than the other way round. Sure there will be a shake up and a few people will have their jobs moved abroad but quite honestly I think that is a good thing. There certainly isn't going to be a mass exodus to Frankfurt - Far tom uch regulation and restriction on bonuses!

terryp wrote:Pharmaceutical Industry

Will manage the same as any other global non EU business - it isn't hard and will offer opportunities elsewhere.

terryp wrote:Aviation Industry

It is already a global industry and EU politics will have little effect. The aircraft industry deals in dollars so the immediate effect has been a substantial boost. Did you not catch the announcement about the new Boeing factory?

terryp wrote:Car industry

Will thrive don't worry yourself about Us, and if you want examples of EU petty regulation look no further.

These are global industries that won't miss a beat. Sure there will be a change of paperwork but nothing that isn't done already - simply a non-issue.

Excellent, all written down, l've quoted it in case you delete as it will be very amusing in 6 months time

Here is an intelligent complex decision making leave voting polical blogger coming to terms with his decision....
http://peterjnorth.blogspot.fr/2016/09/ ... ll-do.html
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: theelanman » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:41 pm

CHAPS......
come on........
the passion and commitment to your views is obvious.....
its also blatantly obvious that the views are not shared, and as such the chance of one side swaying the other is most definitely nil.......
do we really need to have a slanging match about it..........????

sorry just my view......... :(
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: