Richard Leach -RIP

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:29 pm

I seem to be bringing a few bits of bad news to the forum lately.

I only found out last night that Richard Leach from Rochdale died in July. I know he did look in on this site but wasn't any sort of prolific poster but I've no idea of his user name here. If it's possible to find it from his email address that might be good - it was. [email protected] Richard was only 62. I will be speaking to his ex wife later and should there be anything else I can add I'll return and edit here.

Richard owned a tawny FHC Sprint for many years, which I know needed restoration but had been running prior to gearbox issues I believe. A slightly amusing tale was when he sold an Elan in component form about a year ago. He had bought a second hand chassis to go with the kit of parts and had travelled 400 miles round trip to get it and paid ?300 for it. A friend then was buying the project and went to collect it. Between them they loaded the chassis onto the trailer and as is usual went to put the bodyshell on top of the chassis but struggled to get it on. Eventually discovered it wouldn't fit because it was about a foot too long - the chassis was from a Plus 2! The dawning realisation on Richards face was apparently a picture.

God bless Richard!
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:03 pm

Sorry to learn that, Steve.

I corresponded with him in 2010 to get tax free status for that Sprint, back in the days when we thought that was okay because we thought production ended in Dec 1972. Which it didn't. Sorry Mr Government!

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: