Put The Crack Pipe Down!

PostPost by: Tahoe » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:08 pm

Okay guys what's with $1000 and $450 for the Brian Buckland book? Seriously, I bought mine on eBay for $69!

I know who you are, so what's the deal? Just because the cover has a yellowesh, gold color doesn't mean it's worth it's wieght in gold.

I'm just saying!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lotus-Elan-Brian-Buckman-/181792960021?hash=item2a53b46e15&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOTUS-ELAN-RESTORATION-SHOP-MANUAL-REBUILDING-SERVICE-OF-BUCKLAND-BRIAN-WORKSHOP-/221732003090?fits=Make%3ALotus%7CModel%3AElan&hash=item33a041dd12&vxp=mtr
Tahoe
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:40 pm

The second listing is a typo look at his previous sales they've been for $169 or was it $199 and the other guy is just jumping on the bandwagon.. Can't spell either
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Tahoe » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:08 pm

elanfan1 wrote:The second listing is a typo look at his previous sales they've been for $169 or was it $199 and the other guy is just jumping on the bandwagon.. Can't spell either

Okay so he should correct his typo. Not apologizing for the post though. I used to be a big eBay lover, but there almost as many scammed there as Craigslist. I tried to sell my truck on eBay and on Craigslist last week. I was in disbelief by how many people tried to scam me. I ended up taking it off of both listings, putting a sign on it and selling it to someone driving by the house. An unlikely sale, but at least I could look him in the eyes and make a deal.

I'll continue to use eBay sparingly because it is a good source for the hard to find stuff, but for other things, forget about it. I've been burned a few times. Yes, eBay will have your back most of the time, but not always. Sorry, had to vent!
Tahoe
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:00 pm

Why should you be sorry for the post there's absolutely no reason to be. The one guy should correct his listing but the other guy is just being an opportunist - you say you know him? Is he on here?

Steve
Steve

elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:20 pm

I think that Brian still has copies for sale and... he reduced the price by 20GBP after early buyers (like me) bought it.

Reminds me; I must buy five copies. :twisted:
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: oldchieft » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:18 pm

It might be a rare un-signed copy!

Jon the Chief
oldchieft
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:39 pm

oldchieft wrote:It might be a rare un-signed copy!

Jon the Chief

An unsigned one - you're joshing right?
Steve

elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nomad » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:15 pm

Russ, you are apparently one of the few honorable people left in this world.

My opinion of E-bay is the same as yours....I've been sc**wed by them twice in recent history. Their "buyer protection" is a joke.

The first trouble I had with a seller was years ago on a vehicle I couldn't pick up right away and the seller was desperate for cash. I payed and he promptly disappeared. I got hold of a fellow in the USA that helped me through the process and when the cop's knocked on the door of the seller he made a miraculous reappearance!

Last 2 scr**wing's I dealt with someone from who knows where whose English was obviously a second language and who played judge and jury against me and in favor of the E-bay "store's"

I still use it but it ain't what it used to be!

Kurt.
nomad
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:47 am

I agree E Bay has become a scammers dream .......ed
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: