BORING

PostPost by: twincamman » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:58 pm

And separated by a common language :P
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:03 pm

To border on treason I much preferred living under the union jack ..non of my family fought and died for the maple leaf flag :(
Last edited by twincamman on Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:39 pm

frank.jpg and
I think this so funny its worth the suspension time off here
Last edited by twincamman on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:08 pm

I see a certain member can't take a little flack back ......

*** Edited to remove personal attacks at another member. *** Jeff
Last edited by twincamman on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mark030358 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:11 pm

Welcome back Ed....
Ignore the brickbats, I've missed the aggro, spices the place up a bit. A lot of the original posters don't or rather seldom post now.

You could have done worse, for example trying to flog something that it was not.....

Welcome back....
mark030358
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:14 pm

Thanks ....let's start a pool to see how long before I get voted off this time :lol: :lol:

twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:14 pm

now for something Lotus ??the cams are NOT the same [for those of us who thought they were ] the grind is but the placement of the dowl pin that accepts the gear isnt??the gears are not interchangable so the dowl pin must be placed so the gear set up mark s face each otherat TDC , otherwise after you have spent some hours setting the valves for clearance you will be 180 degrees out and if your think you are correct in the set up[ as I did ] you will bend flywheel teeth have more grief than you can stand and it will never run corrrectly . I realised this and set my cams up with the timing marks to the out side 180 opposed and magic happened as I made this error ?runs like a champ now?.it was not the starter motors at all?it was a bunch too much advance .and distributor mis aliegnment .. my appologies to the starter man ?.just FWIW
Last edited by twincamman on Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jcocking » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:42 am

This topic has been moved to free parking, since it has no Lotus related value.

Jeff
Jeff Cocking
LotusElan.net
jcocking
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: CBUEB1771 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:15 am

twincamman wrote:the cams are NOT the same

Do not take the bait, repeat, do not take the bait.
Russ Newton
Elan +2S (1971)
Elite S2 (1962)
CBUEB1771
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:58 am

WELLL THIS PROVES jEFF NOT ONLY DOESNT READ ALL POSTS HE PLAYS FAVORITES WITH HIS LITTLE FRIENDS ?..no Lotus value indeed!!!! perhaps if I wrote 2 pages of what colour should I paint my car THAT would be more accepable to him?.and the cams are not the same ? .the dowel is placed in different places when installed on the car , If you believe they are the same and make the same error I did believing the cams are identical there is grief getting things to run correctly sshheessh what a untrusting group of bodgers some of you are ?...

twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:39 am

Pa rum pum pum pum

I count at least seven......
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:57 am

twincamman wrote:?.and the cams are not the same ? .the dowel is placed in different places when installed on the car , If you believe they are the same and make the same error I did believing the cams are identical there is grief getting things to run correctly sshheessh what a untrusting group of bodgers some of you are ?...

Sorry... but the cams themselves are identical and interchangeable. If you have cams that have the dowel holes in a different location to the lobes on inlet and exhaust then you must have "special" cams. The location of the dowel hole in the inlet versus the exhaust sprocket is what is different. This is necessary to get the correct timing between the exhaust and inlet cam and sprockets as the length of chain between them is fixed.

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:03 am

rgh0 wrote:
twincamman wrote:?.and the cams are not the same ? .the dowel is placed in different places when installed on the car , If you believe they are the same and make the same error I did believing the cams are identical there is grief getting things to run correctly sshheessh what a untrusting group of bodgers some of you are ?...

Sorry... but the cams themselves are identical and interchangeable. If you have cams that have the dowel holes in a different location to the lobes on inlet and exhaust then you must have "special" cams. The location of the dowel hole in the inlet versus the exhaust sprocket is what is different. This is necessary to get the correct timing between the exhaust and inlet cam and sprockets as the length of chain between them is fixed.

cheers
Rohan

Rohan,
Shirley you are not taking this seriously? Your post count is at least 95% relevant whilst Ed just bangs on and on.

Rum pum pum pum...
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:37 am

I struggle with Ed's humor sometimes but I am normally not easily offended
.... and people can bang on all they like but I don't have to read it if I don't want to.

However I do try to make sure any issues with accuracy of stuff is corrected is corrected if I believe something is wrong and potentially misleading to others.

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:45 am

rgh0 wrote:

However I do try to make sure any issues with accuracy of stuff is corrected is corrected if I believe something is wrong and potentially misleading to others.

cheers
Rohan

Repetition, please see me after class
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: