BORING

PostPost by: twincamman » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:25 pm

yes Bill they all drink double double ?some think the? Empire' is still intact :?
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: AHM » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:29 pm

Welcome back Ed.!

I'm surprised that someone hasn't told you to read the archive and post on your Bloody Boring thread instead of starting a new one.

For anyone who has only recently joined our welcoming and friendly forum.... Search the archive before posting!

KevJ+2 wrote:I just think it's a bit insulting to the guys who run this site for probably little reward.
Bored (again)? - move on!

It'll take a hell of a lot more than a little boredom on Ed's behalf to awaken Jeff.
Rob P wrote:Guys you really have just fallen into his trap, I was hoping that this post was one of those which ended up in the unanswered section where it belongs
Do we have an unanswered section? Can't imagine Ed. ever being there! Ed. probably has the thread with the most answers ever - But mentioning it ... now that is considered blasphemy!
AHM
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:14 pm

ah well??had a time with the elan fixed the starter / ring gear problem retimed the engine 180 degrees [thats another story for another time ]the squirters are nearly working ?the gas tank WAS empty [always believe the gas guage[ some gas and it runs like a deer ?and a few other items needing attention . Some wiring ..beat up the brake pressure swittch with the engine while removing or installing ?..Driving the thing is the most fun you can have in a car with your pants on [next to the 7] so its hot most of the time ??havent seen this much animosity since a Yank hating Irishman and myself had a go round in Waverly station pub ?.I told the Irish cop who attended and thought I was an American ?.if the yanks hadnt entered the war you would be speaking German now ?tur a lura lura[ the lump eventually went away]?. :D?[.dont forget a big pommes de rue for teacher ]

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jcocking » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:52 pm

AHM wrote:It'll take a hell of a lot more than a little boredom on Ed's behalf to awaken Jeff.

Ouch!

Jeff reads every post. Jeff believes in allowing people the ability to show the world who they really are.

Back to quiet reading.....
Jeff Cocking
LotusElan.net
jcocking
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:09 pm

Here we go......lthe last of the Jeff "suspension" was 90 days and I stretched into about 600 days on my own....... :lol:

twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:25 pm

Well Jeff in answers to your question read some of the snide comments from your fan1 friend .........caustic remarks begets caustic remarks

twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jcocking » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:29 pm

twincamman wrote:Here we go......lthe last of the Jeff "suspension" was 90 days and I stretched into about 600 days on my own....... :lol:

Come on Ed... Let's get the facts accurate.

30 day suspension in April 2014. After the suspension was over, you have posted on the website every month since.

If you were going to take 600 days off, you would not have come back to the forums until Saturday December 19, 2015.
Jeff Cocking
LotusElan.net
jcocking
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: jcocking » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:39 pm

twincamman wrote:caustic remarks begets caustic remarks

No Ed, they do not.

The forum rules are plain and simple. If a post has a caustic remark pointed at a person, the post is to be flagged for review. Let the moderators deal with the issue.

When this approach is used, the overall Lotus Elan Community thrives. When one person tries to police others without the authority, it only causes discord.

Please follow the rules.

thank you.

jeff
Jeff Cocking
LotusElan.net
jcocking
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: AHM » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:40 pm

jcocking wrote:
AHM wrote:It'll take a hell of a lot more than a little boredom on Ed's behalf to awaken Jeff.

Ouch!

Jeff reads every post. Jeff believes in allowing people the ability to show the world who they really are.

No offence Jeff but it usually takes considerably more than Ed announcing that he is bored...again !
I can't imagine that you read every post, but I'm sure you have a few prefects to read them and report back.
AHM
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jcocking » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:49 pm

AHM wrote:
jcocking wrote:

Ouch!

No offence Jeff but it usually takes considerably more than Ed announcing that he is bored...again !
I can't imagine that you read every post, but I'm sure you have a few prefects to read them and report back.

Actually, I read every post. I have a report that is sent to me every morning of the previous days posts. So, I am about 36 hours behind the actual post time. The report has two sections. The first section contains posts by specific users that have been disruptive over the years. The second section contains all the posts in chronological order.

It allows me to quickly review the posts and ensure domestic tranquillity.

I was alerted to this thread, by a member who flagged it due to inappropriate comments. I am in the middle of painting a bedroom and now have coral reef paint on my keyboard. Hopefully, I can get back to finish painting and get one more item off the wife's list.
Jeff Cocking
LotusElan.net
jcocking
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:32 am

dec 19 2015 ?????SO I OWE YOU A COUPLE ??.. :lol:

twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:27 am

jcocking wrote:

Actually, I read every post. I have a report that is sent to me every morning of the previous days posts. So, I am about 36 hours behind the actual post time. The report has two sections. The first section contains posts by specific users that have been disruptive over the years. The second section contains all the posts in chronological order.

We could all have some fun guessing who is on that list :lol: Mea Culpa :shock:
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:24 am

twincamman wrote:ah well??had a time with the elan fixed the starter / ring gear problem retimed the engine 180 degrees [thats another story for another time ]the squirters are nearly working ?the gas tank WAS empty [always believe the gas guage[ some gas and it runs like a deer ?and a few other items needing attention . Some wiring ..beat up the brake pressure swittch with the engine while removing or installing ?..Driving the thing is the most fun you can have in a car with your pants on [next to the 7] so its hot most of the time ??havent seen this much animosity since a Yank hating Irishman and myself had a go round in Waverly station pub ?.I told the Irish cop who attended and thought I was an American ?.if the yanks hadnt entered the war you would be speaking German now ?tur a lura lura[ the lump eventually went away]?. :D?[.dont forget a big pommes de rue for teacher ]

To be honest I've never found Ed's posts particularly offensive. That said, most of the time I read it and haven't got a clue what he's actually saying?
John

No longer active on here, I value my privacy.
nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:42 pm

nebogipfel wrote:To be honest I've never found Ed's posts particularly offensive. That said, most of the time I read it and haven't got a clue what he's actually saying?

I agree -- no need to take offense when you cant even understand it - but it is entertaining

cheers
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:55 pm

twincamman wrote:yes Bill they all drink double double ?some think the? Empire' is still intact :?

There isn't an empire any more, but the Commonwealth is something for us all to be proud of. A huge collective of significant countries, indeed Kingdoms united by Her Majesty The Queen.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/MonarchAndCommo ... rview.aspx

http://www.royal.gov.uk/MonarchAndCommo ... nment.aspx

Happy Canada Day :D
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: