Clarkson Sacked by BBC, Amazon Prime to the rescue!

PostPost by: The Veg » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:37 pm

Loved the old show, haven't seen the new show, but I can tell you that the Yank-version that came a few years ago sucked rancid turds, and yes I'm a Yank saying this. There was no reason to make it, especially since the original British version was well-enough loved in USA to score Emmy awards.
1970 Elan Plus 2 (not S) 50/2036
2012 BMW R1200GS
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
The Veg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Grizzly » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:48 pm

The Veg wrote:Loved the old show, haven't seen the new show, but I can tell you that the Yank-version that came a few years ago sucked rancid turds, and yes I'm a Yank saying this. There was no reason to make it, especially since the original British version was well-enough loved in USA to score Emmy awards.

Frankly i think the new Uk show has fallen into the same trap, they have taken the same Platform Clarkson etc created and turned it into some thing closer to the US version but a bit Bigger (if you get what i mean) things like instead of the Reasonably priced car it's now a Rally x car and instead of the Celb being in the audience they come out from behind slide doors.... During the challenge it became a bit of a game to spot when Le blanc was driving the car and when it was a double (there is a rumour Mat le Blanc can't drive stick hence the double being used so much?? Surly that can't be true??)
Chris
Grizzly
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Chancer » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:19 pm

!to paraphrase my one time mentor "I know that it is true because I have only just made it up" :lol:

Keep an eagle eye on the footage and decide yourself.

If they cannot teach him on the huury up then he has no place on a petrolhead car show.
Chancer
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Grizzly » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:52 pm

It's no secret he uses a Double quite a bit on the show, it's a good game see if you can spot where and when.......Ask your self why they are always wearing crash hats when their passengers aren't ;)
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/top- ... ts-8034970
Last edited by Grizzly on Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
Grizzly
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: The Veg » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:58 pm

I wonder how much double-use is required by insurance.
1970 Elan Plus 2 (not S) 50/2036
2012 BMW R1200GS
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
The Veg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Grizzly » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:05 pm

The Veg wrote:I wonder how much double-use is required by insurance.

It's an odd one because the Ariel in the US (you would expect him to wear a crash hat/double) that was him but stuck in mud on a dodgy cold and raining day in the UK or sat on the back of a Truck going down the motorway in the rain he's double gets used ALLOT!! :) (i think the Double gets used when he doesn't fancy doing some thing or it's too dangerous)
Chris
Grizzly
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ken ob » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:21 pm

Just been announced that Chris Evans is stepping down from Top Gear.

Ken
Slightly confused by everything since the invention of the wheel.
ken ob
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:12 pm

Yep, just read that on the BBC website http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36707266

I watched all 6 shows to give it a chance, there were some good features on cars, but like many I was disappointed that the format was largely unchanged from Clarkson, May & Hammond shows.

Chris Evans must be gutted that he couldn't pull it off, he doesn't need the money, but that ego must be very much in deficit.

The show needs a lovable character, I think James Corden would be excellent, but he's happy doing another show somewhere.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: