Clarkson Sacked by BBC, Amazon Prime to the rescue!

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:52 pm

An unbiased report on Eddie Jordan joining Top Gear

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/0 ... re-1280170

If there was any doubt surrounding the future certain failure of Top Gear, it was put to rest today.

Eddie Jordan ? famous for running a Formula 1 team into the ground, being the Irish orange yin to David Coulthard?s pasty, Scottish yang during BBC Formula 1 coverage, and for making Bernie Ecclestone look like a normal-sized human being ? has been tipped as the third host of Top Gear, reports Radio Times.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Grizzly » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:46 am

Well seems there is quite a cast now then........

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/top-gea ... presenters
Attachments
tg_-line-up_maincloser_af1.jpg and
Chris
Grizzly
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: EPC 394J » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:26 pm

How wonderfully BBC!

Take the most popular TV show in the World, and 'improve' it by making it more PC!

That should work then!
Where, then, lies the answer? In choice. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or bankruptcy of life?

Plus 2S

BLL 315H in white.
EPC 394J
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Grizzly » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:51 pm

I'm glad Chris Harris got the gig after all, from what i've read its going to be less about randomly D**king about in cars and more like 5th gear.

Not sure there trying to Improve it, i think there trying to make it less trouble. But as they have completely changed the format i'm a little curious to see what it's like.

Just wish they hadn't signed up Chris Evans (guy gets under my skin)
Chris
Grizzly
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:41 pm

Dark was the day when the bedside radio awakened me not with the gentle Irish lilt of light banter but with bells, whistles and the inane ranting of a megalomaniac Ginger-minge.

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: el-saturn » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:17 pm

............as is common knowledge: the swiss are very conservative, but a leading figure like clarkson would never get fired for what he got fired for: especially after they exchanged all of the necessary formalities (jeremy IS sorry). i imagine BBC is losing 50mio? per year without him!! .................... so were watching reruns on BBC3 (or 4) - sandy
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: EPC 394J » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:31 pm

I'm glad Chris Harris got the gig after all, from what i've read its going to be less about randomly D**king about in cars and more like 5th gear.

5th gear? Was that a car show?

EVERYONE knows Top Gear! :D

Personally, I'm secretly hoping the new Top Gear is every bit as popular as........ that other show. What was it called again? :D
Where, then, lies the answer? In choice. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or bankruptcy of life?

Plus 2S

BLL 315H in white.
EPC 394J
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: The Veg » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:14 am

Just as long as it doesn't suck as profoundly as the USA Top Gear did.
1970 Elan Plus 2 (not S) 50/2036
2012 BMW R1200GS
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
The Veg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Tue May 31, 2016 12:38 pm

Regarding the new series of Top Gear screened on BBC2 on Sunday night:
I waited a day and watched it again, but I'm extremely underwhelmed by Chris Evans and Matt Le Blanc's efforts to be cohesive co-presenters. It took Clarkson & Co quite a while to settle down and find a format that worked with them all bouncing off each other, unfortunately you just can't use their format and apply it to new presenters however good they are as broadcasters or personalities/actors, it was cringe worthy in parts and downright boring in others.

cjps8zcwkai2nsk.jpg and
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Tue May 31, 2016 1:02 pm

It can only get better

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Chancer » Tue May 31, 2016 1:17 pm

Now I only saw the 2nd half so maybe the following comment is not valid, please correct me if I am wrong but it may just click with you if you Watch the footage a 2nd time.

It seemed that all the footage of Matt Leblanc (allegedly) driving was very carefully editted and stitched together, certainly all the long camera shots were his "double" driving hence the wearing of a crash helmet at all times and the round barrel shaped tight overcoats, the close ones were either static or perhaps done on a trailer car, the latter was commonly done on the original top gear for speaking to camera sequences, however every (alleged) gear change was spliced in and a close up of the gear lever. the sequence where the jeep was (allegedly) bogged down showed tons of mud being thrown up on the long camera sequences with what I reckon was the double driver but the close up ones showed him sawing at the Wheel, loads of engine revs and no mud.

Can he actually drive a stick shift gearbox?

No doubt he will be getting training, Clarkson had an awfull lot in the beginning albeit in drifting not gearchanging.
Chancer
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Tue May 31, 2016 2:35 pm

Mildly entertaining.

Evans far too shouty. Le Blanc I felt was wooden in his performance. The stunts were all rather old hat.

My Amazon Prime is ready and waiting for the new Grand Tour.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Tue May 31, 2016 2:59 pm

I quite liked the new top gear. It was about cars!
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:28 am

i quite liked the old top gear as a comedy show and because it was not truly directly about cars. Most shows directly about cars tend to be trivial in either their analysis or in their informative nature.

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Grizzly » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:38 am

Personally i didn't like it, they should have changed the whole platform rather than just doing exactly the same things just a bit bigger........ It all just seemed a bit Forced to me but on the Up side the show has lost that School Bully undertone now.

Evans wasn't a good choice for the lead presenter imho (Hate that "Wasn't that Good" thing he does after every film they play), i kinda like le blanc but can't help thinking they have added an American and German presenter to appeal to a wider audience. Don't take this the wrong way but under Clarkson there would be no way another county would win a challenge (they would cheat) gave it a Midlife crisis acting like big kids sort of feel thats just missing (all gone a bit PC which after what happened is understandable)

O i'm not sure if you have heard but Clarkson and co have called their new show 'The Grand Tour' or "TGT" (a Rumour suggests they called it that because Top Gear likes to be called TG so they thought it would be funny to hint at Top Gear Two or TGT) from reports it's going to be presented from a Big tent travelling round the country in a similar style to their Top gear Live show with Challenges etc added.
Chris
Grizzly
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: