Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: c42 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:18 pm

Done.
c42
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Europatc » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:32 pm

Im not convinced that the government would issue such an item. Why would they?
ImageImage
Europatc
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: oldchieft » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:58 pm

Sign the petition and they would have to explain why not

Jon the Chief
oldchieft
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: PeterK » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:17 pm

Done
PeterK
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: elansprint » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:29 pm

Done
Ian
elansprint
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: stevebroad » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:36 pm

Done
stevebroad
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: RogerFrench » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:49 pm

I am now going to sound like a grinch, curmudgeon, grammar nazi or whatever. Sorry about that.

I fully agree with the sentiment, but if there is to be a petition, for goodness' sake let it be grammatically correct.

"Innumerate" means ignorant of mathematics, like "illiterate" means unable to read or write. It doesn't mean a large number.

A Legislature is a law-making body - like Parliament, if you will. How on earth do you sign that?

If you want someone to take notice of what you say, surely you have to say what you mean?
RogerFrench
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Rob P » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:53 pm

Done :-)
Simplify and add lightness

Lotus Elan S4 Coupe - Wedgewood Blue
Lotus Elise S1 - Racing Green
Rob P
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: S2Jay » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:20 am

Just to clarify; Is this something that should be signed only by U.K. Citizens / residents?
just looking for clues at the scene....
S2Jay
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:06 am

Done

John :wink:

P.S. Yes,UK only,others will be ignored ( as maybe we will...)
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:08 am

I'm not going to sign this. Whilst I want our motorsport heritage to continue, I have reservations about anything that restricts our liberty and freedom of expression.

Yes, of course folk who move into housing close to sporting venues must expect some inconveniences. But to take away anyone's right to free speech, which is essentially what this petition calls for, can not be right.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:56 am

If successful, this would allow motorsport venues Carte Blanche to have extremely noisy machines running around their tracks day and night 365 days a year. Not acceptable from an environmental or social aspect.

A tweaking of the current local authority set limits to allow a bit more flexibility to allow our historic venues to operate successfully would be more appropriate.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 69S4 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:49 pm

I've seen that petition before as it's been mentioned on other forums and as I understand it (and I may easily have misunderstood it) the problem is that if the local authority get a noise complaint they have to act upon it - even if the circuit has a restricted number of track days, compulsory noise limits etc. There's no "what did you expect buying a house next to a race circuit" getout clause in the current legislation. What's wanted is the power for the local authority to balance the needs of the circuit against the complaints they receive and be able to dismiss the compaints if they're found to be superficial or commercially based.

It's not so much the big circuits in the firing line (although Mallory Park and Croft have had considerable problems as a result of noise complaints) but small venues such as speedway tracks in towns.

The petitioner might well have been advised to consider whether the inclusion of the word mandatory was essential as it just seems to be swapping one legal straightjacket for another. I suspect that even if it does reach its 100,000 target by March it'll fail on that point and with an election on the way I wonder whether it will be considered at all. Do these things reset to zero after an election or just keep going - anyone know? Interestingly the previous link I followed had corrected innumerate to innumerable in their copy of the petition.
Stuart Holding
Thame UK / Alpe D'Huez France
69 S4 FHC
Honda GoldWing 1800
Honda CBX1000
Kawasaki H1 500
Yamaha XS2
69S4
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Quart Meg Miles » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:00 pm

The world is not static. Goodwood, for example, had little activity for many years but now it has open exhausts and blaring PAs for at least two weekends in the year, not to mention the air displays and road congestion. Complaints? You bet (not from me, I'm a few miles away), and despite some serious modifications to reduce noise it is still gross compared to the 1980s.

The same type of exclusion petition could be proposed for airfields too and the same changes take place there. A couple of Harvards and Spitfires operating regularly doesn't compare with a handful of Cessnas and Tiger Moths. Personally, I think it is outrageous that private aircraft are not obliged to be silenced, retrospectively, it's not rocket silence.
Meg

26/4088 1965 S1½ Old and scruffy but in perfect working order; the car too.
________________Put your money where your mouse is, click on "Support LotusElan.net" below.
Quart Meg Miles
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Next

Total Online: