RCAF Avro Lancaster

PostPost by: billwill » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:48 am

The problem is that you really really don't want a Vulcan bomber dropping out of the sky onto a school or housing estate so the regulations have to be very strict in any case.

It won't be a totally static display, even after she is grounded, she will be able to demonstrate fast taxiing on a runway; just not allowed to take off.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:49 am

trw99 wrote:The two Lancs are due to fly together next weekend (13/14) at the Duxford Air Show. Its just up the road from me so I hope that I get to see/hear them before or after I have been racing.

Tim

The Vulcan may be at Duxford too for that show.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:30 pm

billwill wrote:The problem is that you really really don't want a Vulcan bomber dropping out of the sky onto a school or housing estate so the regulations have to be very strict in any case.

It won't be a totally static display, even after she is grounded, she will be able to demonstrate fast taxiing on a runway; just not allowed to take off.

Bill,
Sometimes I wonder if you have had a sense of adventure bypass! But then I remember that you drive an ?lan........ And all is well with the world.

Live a little bit more and say Bon courage like our French neighbours. There's a guy sadly parted now who built his own gyro copters who was banned from flying his own aircraft over 70mph by the very people who are responsible for the airworthiness test of the Vulcan (CAA), he told them to get knotted and sue me, we need more people like that so we can keep these things going.

Are you willing to reconsider ? Please? Read this... http://www.theguardian.com/science/2010/aug/10/magnificent-man-in-flying-machine
Wallis has crashed his autogyros a few times but he insists they are perfectly safe: "I feel rock-steady on them." Despite his scrapes, the only thing he has broken is numerous records. Wallis has flown an autogyro at 18,976ft. He has piloted an autogyro the length of the British Isles. Now he wants to break his own 129.1mph world speed record for an autogyro, which he set aged 89. He is aiming for 140mph. The problem is red tape: the Civil Aviation Authority has ruled that certain types of autogyro mustn't exceed 70mph, and Wallis's machine must be flown by one of their test pilots first. He hoped to celebrate the centenary of his father's flight with a new record but feels defeated by these regulations. You sense nothing will stop Wallis, though: if the CAA won't change its mind, he hopes to take his machine abroad. "I might have another go, but it's such a business to lay on the official timekeepers. It's a bit easier when you're Richard Branson."

Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:38 pm

Look closely:

VERA to the rear:

Southport airshow on a diabolical day, the Vulcan could not even get out of it's base but turned up the next day, which was no consolation to those of us only there on the Saturday. :evil:
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: