Lotus 23 Blueprints on fleaBay...

PostPost by: Bud English » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:53 pm

Thought these might be of interest to someone here. Less than 24 hours and counting. They're not mine and I have no connection, blah, blah, blah...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lotus-Other-N-A ... ars_Trucks

My apology to you if you're that one person bidding. :twisted:
Bud
1970 +2S Fed 0053N
"Winnemucca - says it all really!!"
Bud English
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: CBUEB1771 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:44 pm

The Lotus 23 Formula 1 car? The seller has not done much research.
Russ Newton
Elan +2S (1971)
Elite S2 (1962)
CBUEB1771
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Tahoe » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:52 pm

Thanks for jogging my memory. I have a Lotus 7 Blueprint from the early 60's. I need to dig that out (find it) and put it up on my garage wall. At one point I actually created a 3D model from the print, and was going to have it 3D printed. I've since lost the 3D file and I'm not 100% sure where I put the blueprint. :oops:
Tahoe
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:33 pm

Copies of these have been about for many years. I am not sure they are exactly "rare". They are missing a number of key dimensions and details so if you are building a replica chassis or repairing one you do need an orginal one for reference.also !

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Tahoe » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:39 am

rgh0 wrote:Copies of these have been about for many years. I am not sure they are exactly "rare". They are missing a number of key dimensions and details so if you are building a replica chassis or repairing one you do need an orginal one for reference.also !

cheers
Rohan

I agree. The drawing I have which I found in the 70's was missing a few dimensions, however being a Design Engineer for ever I was able to fill to figure it out. Interesting because I had a '65 7 chassis to reference and found that the manufacturing tolerances were not that close. Most of the dimensions were off by approx. a 1/4" (6mm). You need to remember these were basically hand built, even with jigs, and the tolerances weren't surprising. It is what it is and the drawing being a copy of a copy of ... is still cool to have. I just need to remember where I put it.

As a side, I still know the person who owns that 7, and I'm still trying to buy it after 30 years. It hasn't been driven in approx. 40 years and that's a shame.
Tahoe
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: