My next car?

PostPost by: andyelan » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:24 pm

Hi There

How about a '70s or '80s/90s Mercedes SL, they maybe no sports car but they sure have plenty of class. With so many different engine options etc. there should be something to suit almost for any budget and for the price, you get an awful lot of car for the money. Just be sure to get a good one with FSH, especially if it's a V8

Andy
andyelan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: RichC » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:45 pm

if it has to be metal and you like a good sound then pls don't forget the triumph TR6.
For all the fuel injection probs, my next car (if i had the money and got rid of my sunbeam alpine SV and son's mg midget in drive to make space next to +2) would be a nice TR6
having rebuilt a MANUAL stag and the Mrs used it as daily driver for 10yrs (b4 the kids wouldn't fit in the back anymore) i can see the attraction....but only if you don't mind oil leaks
RichC
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: cal44 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:58 pm

I forgot and left out a Triumph GT6 (one of my favs). Heck.....many parts are already on Lotus cars anyway....you would be right at home.
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "Mad Dog" James Mattis United States Marines
cal44
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: nomad » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:17 am

Now that I actually think about it, I shouldn't criticize the MG C since I have no personal experience. I have a friend that has 3 of them and love's them. All have had the engine thoroughly massaged however.

Since England was lucky enough to get the MGB GT V8 and BL never managed to do whatever was necessary to get it to us in the state's, I would think that, for you folks on the other side of the water, It would make good sense. There are quite a few that have been put together over here but if I were going to set up an MGB it would get a V6 and 5speed.

Kurt.
nomad
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: